`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Need some opinions

Need some opinions
Ok, I have a Dan Marino Gold Standard /25 Auto Jsy that I have coming back that was graded in Ron's submission, it graded at a 9. I am very happy. The Marino was something that I purchased for my daughter, she has told me that she isn't interested in collecting, I guess I kinda pushed it on her...lol So, now, I don't have a use for it, so, I will either trade it or sell it for one of the following, this is where I am asking for opinions, do I get a RGIII auto or a Sammy Baugh auto? I really want both but will only be able to get one. Which one would you get? Thanks for your opinions.
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

RE: Need some opinions
wow..thats a toughie...first opinion would be keep the Marino lol. Baugh at least has shown you what his career was, but RG3 still has yet to show you what he can or cannot do. Thats a toughie. But if it was me, not just because I am a Giants fan, I would keep Dan.

I got the Dan for my daughter's Dolphins PC, but she stated she is not interested anymore and wants me to get things for my collections, yeah, she is pretty good to her daddy..lol So, I would rather the Marino be in someone's collection that could appreciate it more than me. You know what I mean? I agree with you, it is a tough decision..lol

(05-22-2013, 09:19 AM)giantsfan Wrote: wow..thats a toughie...first opinion would be keep the Marino lol. Baugh at least has shown you what his career was, but RG3 still has yet to show you what he can or cannot do. Thats a toughie. But if it was me, not just because I am a Giants fan, I would keep Dan.

(05-22-2013, 09:38 AM)redskins316 Wrote: I got the Dan for my daughter's Dolphins PC, but she stated she is not interested anymore and wants me to get things for my collections, yeah, she is pretty good to her daddy..lol So, I would rather the Marino be in someone's collection that could appreciate it more than me. You know what I mean? I agree with you, it is a tough decision..lol
Yep I get that. Since you collect the team and your daughter no longer does makes it hard. Something tells me to lean you towards RG3. But with the way he plays he could get injured next season again and never play the same again. The Baugh is at least an investment of a proven career.

The reason I am 55/45 towards RGIII is right now, I can get an auto of his in a Redskins uni for the price I could get for the Marino, but if he blows up and continues to succeed, down the road, I won't be able too, the Baugh auto's most likely aren't going to sway in price or value in the next 2 years, but I also see your point with the possibility of him getting hurt and not being the same too

(05-22-2013, 09:41 AM)giantsfan Wrote: Yep I get that. Since you collect the team and your daughter no longer does makes it hard. Something tells me to lean you towards RG3. But with the way he plays he could get injured next season again and never play the same again. The Baugh is at least an investment of a proven career.

(05-22-2013, 10:00 AM)redskins316 Wrote: The reason I am 55/45 towards RGIII is right now, I can get an auto of his in a Redskins uni for the price I could get for the Marino, but if he blows up and continues to succeed, down the road, I won't be able too, the Baugh auto's most likely aren't going to sway in price or value in the next 2 years, but I also see your point with the possibility of him getting hurt and not being the same too
Your right though. Baughs will never change..but RG3 could. Guess it could be worth the risk

I'd keep the Marino but if I had to I'd go with the RG3. You can always get a Baugh auto fairly cheap.
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

(05-22-2013, 10:30 AM)s1020 Wrote: I'd keep the Marino but if I had to I'd go with the RG3. You can always get a Baugh auto fairly cheap.
i agree with this.
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

So far, 3 leaning towards RGIII which is where I was leaning too. I"d like some more opinions, any Skins fans want to chime in? Rooster, Mik, Thor, Supbullcoc?

I could just keep the Marino and relieve you of your dilemma, lol...
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"