Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate My Redemption Replacements

Rate My Redemption Replacements
Hey all,

So I had a number of redemptions that were long overdue and I had the option to request replacements for a couple of them, so I did. Lemme know what you think.

The first was a 2012 Triple Threads Saphhire relic auto of Kershaw, Kemp & Ethier, which would likely have been patches and autos. A very nice card to be sure, but Ethier is pretty so-so and Kemp is never gonna sign for Topps it seems, so I asked for a replacement and got this:

[Image: trout.jpg]

A decent replacement, though it's not slabbed like other Tribute cards are, but it is Mike Trout, so it is probably pretty close on sell value.

The second card was a Five Star cut auto booklet of Robin Roberts. A HOFer, and it would have been a 1-of-1, but Roberts autos aren't too tough to acquire, and I had one in my HOF PC already (which has a BV of just $50), so I asked for a replacement and got this:

[Image: harper.jpg]

Admittedly, I was pretty thrilled with this since the card has recently gone up a lot in value and I don't already have one.

When the guy processed my replacements, he asked if there were guys I was interested in and I said since they were high value cards, I'd hope for Trout, Harper or other HOFers, looks like they listened to me! So, lemme know what you think, and thanks for reading!
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

RE: Rate My Redemption Replacements
I would say Topps exceeded expectations with your replacements. Congrats on the excellent cards!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Yeah, you killed it.

That's two kids you can sit on and enjoy for the next 10-15 years or so.

WOW!!!

I going to say Topps knocked this one out of the park. Scale 1 to 10 by far 10+

Congrates!
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Awesome! Congrats on working good deals! Nice to hear that someone actually asked what you were interested in. Cheers! (lol)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Wow! Destroyed it. I should have a Jeter auto here soon I'd trade you that Harper. Smile

Freaking nuts

Most of these guys are going crazy because you got the two "it" guys right now. I would say if you are selling, you did very very well. If you aren't selling and are holding, you did very well on the second one but I don't like the first one. I would have preferred the redemption.

CRAZY!!! thanks

I don't disagree, as the triple would have been sweet, I just have no confidence in Topps fulfilling their stuff, especially as I've replaced about 4 Kemp autos now. I didn't replace the Verlander/Cabrera/Fielder triple auto relic I'm owed, as I'm hoping Verlander will sign for them, though I could likely get another sweet auto as a replacement.

(05-14-2013, 01:36 AM)jstbuch Wrote: Most of these guys are going crazy because you got the two "it" guys right now. I would say if you are selling, you did very very well. If you aren't selling and are holding, you did very well on the second one but I don't like the first one. I would have preferred the redemption.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!