`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trip to Wal-Mart today.

Trip to Wal-Mart today.
Stopped by Wal-Mart to get some things and of course just had to pick up some cards as well. Wanted to get a GQ blaster and a few rack packs. While there I noticed they had a sealed factory box of 2010 Topps Chrome so broke down and got it too figuring what the heck. Big letdown lol... Shoulda just stuck with GQ and got maybe an extra blaster and a few more rack packs instead. Thought the chrome box would yield at least one auto however it did not, didn't even get any of the key rookies in any color or even at all (not one Strasburg, Stanton or Heyward...). If anyone needs any 2010 Topps Chrome LMK and I'll see what I have, not worth posting anything about it. GQ I fared much better though, and definitely wish I would have went the latter route lol... Here are the main highlights:

Jordan Zimmerman relic
Mike Trout SP (think its an SP as it was placed backwards from everything else)
Mike Trout mini
Trout Glove Stories
Ben Zobrist and Freedie Freeman mini black parallels (both PC hits)

RE: Trip to Wal-Mart today.
i could use the trout mini
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

I also went to Wally World today and pulled a Mike Trout Emerald.. Retail seem to be on fire for me here lately.

Trout is also a keeper unless I already have it, I'll have to check.

I went to Walmart today and bought a best of 2012 and got the worst of 2012! Smile
I wanted a box of GQ, but they didn't have anymore so I should have walked away, but that "last one" rule caught me, and I bought it. My luck with the Best of Boxes hasn't been good at all for the last 5 boxes and my "last one" rule hasn't panned out for me .... Ever! Oh well. Another day that I would have been better filling up with gasoline instead Smile
Actually, Walmart has been pretty unlucky for me for some time. Every time I realize this, someone gets a big retail hit and it draws me back in. I just have to stay away. Target has been a little better and the older blasters go discount more frequently than WM. Think ill just avoid Wally World until a new series is released.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

The trout swims again
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Well... Decided to hit up another Wal-Mart on the way home after attending a minor league game. Went with another GQ blaster, 2 rack packs, and this Wal-Mart had rack packs of 2011 Bowman Chrome and Draft so bought 2 of each. GQ came through again, Tigers style. Here were the highlights:

Miggy relic (from blaster) Smile
Jhonny Peralta framed mini relic (from rack pack)
Couple nice SP's, nothin too major though
and Jeter and Harper Glove Stories

(05-05-2013, 03:43 PM)shaunbaus Wrote: Well... Decided to hit up another Wal-Mart on the way home after attending a minor league game. Went with another GQ blaster, 2 rack packs, and this Wal-Mart had rack packs of 2011 Bowman Chrome and Draft so bought 2 of each. GQ came through again, Tigers style. Here were the highlights:

Miggy relic (from blaster) Smile
Jhonny Peralta framed mini relic (from rack pack)
Couple nice SP's, nothin too major though
and Jeter and Harper Glove Stories
Not bad. Good pulls!
Getting anything from a rack pack is amazing to me ... Never have luck with those. Blasters, on the other hand have been much better than last years GQ experience!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I made the same mistake, but at least I got a Strasberg and a Heyward refractor rookie. but no color, unfortunately those boxes are are not Hobby boxes just 24 pack retail.