Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COMC?
Question 
COMC?
Is there a way of contacting them to ask them questions about the cards?

Is there buyer protection?

I didn't realize you could make offers. So excited right now!
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

RE: COMC?
Not sure about contacting them...they have pretty high res shots of the fronts and backs if all cards. Comc is pretty reputable and I've never had any issue with them, not saying it's not possible. I usually keep about a $40 balance in my account so I can make a few offers. Then you can hold the cards in your inventory for however long you need.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

thanks. i try to buy cards close to mint, so i always ask the seller before i buy.

(04-08-2013, 06:51 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: Not sure about contacting them...they have pretty high res shots of the fronts and backs if all cards. Comc is pretty reputable and I've never had any issue with them, not saying it's not possible. I usually keep about a $40 balance in my account so I can make a few offers. Then you can hold the cards in your inventory for however long you need.

Ya for things like that I don't think they would. They have millions of cards in their warehouse so I'm guessing thats why they do such nice scans. You also cant tell everything from even a high res scan so I understand your concern.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

You can usually see things like dinged corners, refractor lines, centering and other issues though. It's not perfect, but usually a good option for some things.

The new $3 shipping for as many cards as you want is pretty good too.

The only negative is you have to load money into the account and it just sits there until you buy cards. Not a huge issue unless your budget for cards is loaded into COMC and a card you want shows up on ebay.

You also have to be patient and get about 20 cards or so saved up before you ship to make sure your getting the best bang for your buck. If your buying 3 cards and shipping and then buying 3 more and shipping you kind of defeat the purpose.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Thank you kindly

(04-08-2013, 07:33 PM)briankort Wrote: You can usually see things like dinged corners, refractor lines, centering and other issues though. It's not perfect, but usually a good option for some things.

The new $3 shipping for as many cards as you want is pretty good too.

The only negative is you have to load money into the account and it just sits there until you buy cards. Not a huge issue unless your budget for cards is loaded into COMC and a card you want shows up on ebay.

You also have to be patient and get about 20 cards or so saved up before you ship to make sure your getting the best bang for your buck. If your buying 3 cards and shipping and then buying 3 more and shipping you kind of defeat the purpose.

From an international buyer's perspective COMC is like manna from the skies. I prefer it to eBay.

You get great cards that are as described (depicted) and you know that you won't get screwed over on shipping costs. I've only had a lost-in-mail once (maybe a second one now), but at least I know for certain that it was sent properly.

Usually cards are slightly more expensive than on the Bay but the combined and low shipping with COMC makes them much more interesting and cost effective

(04-09-2013, 03:34 AM)folkertino Wrote: From an international buyer's perspective COMC is like manna from the skies. I prefer it to eBay.

You get great cards that are as described (depicted) and you know that you won't get screwed over on shipping costs. I've only had a lost-in-mail once (maybe a second one now), but at least I know for certain that it was sent properly.

Usually cards are slightly more expensive than on the Bay but the combined and low shipping with COMC makes them much more interesting and cost effective
I bought a Wilt Chamberlain RC from COMC a few weeks ago. I paid $100 in customs fees. I remember you had a similar experience with a Rodman booklet/card?

But for low end cards, COMC is perfect.

(04-09-2013, 04:54 AM)will23c1982 Wrote: I bought a Wilt Chamberlain RC from COMC a few weeks ago. I paid $100 in customs fees. I remember you had a similar experience with a Rodman booklet/card?

But for low end cards, COMC is perfect.
Completely forgot about that and you're absolutely right. I commend you on your recollection, haha! I suppose customs can hit you via COMC, eBay or any other foreign retailer, but for the smaller orders it would appear we're fine.

In terms of getting condition information, I don't believe you can get that from contacting COMC. They take high-res scans of the front and back of each card and you can zoom in on each picture. For vintage cards they do review the cards and assign them a condition when possible, also when there is major damage they do note it, but considering the sheer volume of cards it would be impossible for them to carefully examine each one. Also condition can be somewhat subjective, so it is best just to carefully examine each photo if you are sensitive towards condition. I have never been disappointed with the condition of the cards I have received from COMC.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/