`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which penny sleeves for thick cards?

Which penny sleeves for thick cards?
What size sleeves do you all use for thick cards? I'd like to order some since all my memorabilia auto cards are currently sitting in top loaders without sleeves Sad

RE: Which penny sleeves for thick cards?
(04-08-2013, 03:14 PM)philc80 Wrote: What size sleeves do you all use for thick cards? I'd like to order some since all my memorabilia auto cards are currently sitting in top loaders without sleeves Sad
I use Ultra Pro Thick Card Sleeves (130pt thickness)
Banner courtesy of Blaynero
[Image: titans.jpg]
Wants Houston Oilers, Titans, Steelers, & Nolan Ryan as well as 1960, 1971 & 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates. Looking for 2013 National Treasures NFL Shield Football Signatures #16 Justin Hunter /2

(04-09-2013, 04:47 AM)temple sportscards Wrote: I use Ultra Pro Thick Card Sleeves (130pt thickness)
+1

I'd recommend stocking up on all penny sleeve sizes. They're relatively inexpensive, but make a big difference when it comes to protecting your cards. You never really know which one you'll need so it's nice to have them on hand. I hate running out of them when I have cards incoming.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

Thanks guys

In a pinch i use vintage sleeves as well.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

Standard size penny sleeves work for thick cards in a pinch. Just be careful not to slide it under the sticker auto, another reason to not like sticker autos haha

I'd imagine if the fit is too tight, the corners will get damaged.

This is actually a very good question.

Quite frankly I myself am having a hard time finding thicker sleeves that I am happy with. I am currently using a certain brand (I am on the road right now so I cannot look at the package to find out the brand) which is not ideal but those are the best ones I have found so far. Those of other brands are cut too short (exposing the tops of cards), do not fit the card satisfactory enough and/or too wide to fit in a top loader. I think I recall not being happy with the Ultra Pro brand for one or all of those listed reasons.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]