`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
opinions on who to use for grading 90s cards?

opinions on who to use for grading 90s cards?
Ok, I'm in kind of an odd...spot lol I have a habit of using PSA for vintage and BGS for stuff 2000 and later...but for the first time, I'm grading two cards from the 90s.
1999 Fleer Tradition Edgerrin James RC
1999 Metal Universe Quasars Edgerrin James RC year

Normally, I don't do much grading, but these two cards are just so sharp and well centered I feel like submitting them. Plus, being a colts collector, I want to start getting my PC graded.

I'm leaning towards PSA, because I feel they'd be a little more lenient (the Quasar is definitely PSA 10 material). Plus, I like they're holders more since they're thinner!

Just wanted to get some opinions before I send um out! Ill try and post good scans in the morning (right now all I have is my cell, and let's be honest they just dont go that great of job!)

Thanks for the advice guys!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: opinions on who to use for grading 90s cards?
BGS all the way. Of course you know I'm a BGS junkie but their cases are far superior. Cards dont rattle in them. And a BGS gold label looks far better than a PSA white label. Plus 99 is still not vintage Tongue Last I heard 84 and earlier were lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(03-24-2013, 12:43 AM)branesergen Wrote: Plus 99 is still not vintage Tongue Last I heard 84 and earlier were lol
lol not claiming it is...for me and my collection it falls into that middle area where its not vintage but its not...ya lol you got me lol

(03-24-2013, 12:43 AM)branesergen Wrote: BGS all the way. Of course you know I'm a BGS junkie but their cases are far superior. Cards dont rattle in them. And a BGS gold label looks far better than a PSA white label. Plus 99 is still not vintage Tongue Last I heard 84 and earlier were lol
It seems the 90's are slowly approaching the vintage mark lol. Which only means one thing, we are getting OLD. Hell heard some 90's rock on a classic rock and roll station. I couldn't do nothing but shake my head, and wonder where time has passed me by.

As for me, I find I try to only grade newer stuff with BGS. I do find it more convenient and easier to store psa graded cards though.
Eddie George Super Collector

(03-24-2013, 01:25 AM)ZeroDave Wrote: It seems the 90's are slowly approaching the vintage mark lol. Which only means one thing, we are getting OLD. Hell heard some 90's rock on a classic rock and roll station. I couldn't do nothing but shake my head, and wonder where time has passed me by.

As for me, I find I try to only grade newer stuff with BGS. I do find it more convenient and easier to store psa graded cards though.
don't remind me...Beverly Hills by Weezer was on the classic rock channel on the way home...almost crashed the car

BGS all the way. Big Grin
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.