Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Contest For Newbies!!! :) CLOSED

RE: Contest Thread For Newbies!!! :)
Well, you can if you want! Wink
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

1.Geddon is my nickname,its short for Armageddon and came about from playing neighborhood football and baseball. although my godchildren call me "teddy bear" lol.

2.Started collecting football because in truth, its really the only sport i pay a great bit of attention too these days. Always collected baseball and basketball back when i was younger, but now im making up for lost time and going after a football collection, old and new. Havent collected at all for about 15 years, so obviously i missed a lot but its gonna be fun chasing down all the cards i want from each sport.

3. I got 2 dogs, Monster and Savannah.

4.for football my dream card would definitely be a 1958 topps Jim Brown rc to sit sit right next to my Walter Payton rc.

5. yep, have it in 3 groups(PC,trade,wants list), each with their own sub group for each sport.

6. I live in Tennesse, originally from Cali .

My 3 favorite football players are Lesean McCoy,Darren McFadden and Calvin Johnson. And as far as teams im all Cali with the Dodgers,Raiders,Lakers,Kings and Bruins. yes my Bruins, who just got done getting their butts handed to them by Minnesota lol. Oh well lol.

nice to meet you guys!!!
[Image: LqvsVQD.png]

Hello Everyone! never won anything in my life but its 4am and im bored and cant sleep so figure why not answer some questions lol Tongue

1. Do you have a nickname, and if so what is it? - Tricky (just a play off of my name being ricky)
2. What got you in to collecting football cards? - my grandpaw who sadly passed this past sept Sad he collected unopened packs and sets..and never could understand why i couldnt stand not to open my packs of cards when i got them lol.. a great guy taught me alot about different sports and collecting.
3. Do you have any animals? - yup i have 2 cats (midian & omen) and a dog ( sugar baby)
4. What is your dream card? - i dream small so it isnt extremely exspensive..but a Unitas rookie in nice shape
5. Do you have your pc listed in your organize? (This is always a good idea to list wants and haves)-some of it i do
6.What state do you live in? - West Virginia

Mandatory Questions:
who are your 3 favorite football players? Unitas, geno smith, anybody wearing the blue and white really..Tongue
Do you have a favorite team or teams in any sport? Colt's , WVU , ND

-Rick

1. Nope, no nicknames for me
2. Love anything football related, I couldn't play football in high school because i was so underweight at the time, so I decided to just go with the nerdy side of it
3. Yes, a Male Orange cat named MacMillan
4. Never thought about "dream" cards, but I guess anything super valuable with the silver and blue team on it!
5. No, i recently decided to go with Too Tall Jones and im just now beginning to trade for him and I never pull valuable Cowboys cards.
6. Good ol' Texas guy

Mandatory Questions:
1. Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Marshawn Lynch, and Dez Bryant
Too Tall- Just gotta love the guy, and he's my PC player
Marshawn Lynch- He'll always be one of my favorites since the 67 yarder against the Saints, my first attended NFL game was the '10 Thanksgiving matchup between the Cowboys and Saints (Roy Williams fumble game) and I still remember the massive WHO DAT chant after the game, I've disliked them ever since, so it was great to see them get scored on and get eliminated! Also, I have a fascination with Skittles!
Dez Bryant- He's from my hometown and i watched him play in high school, so to have him on the Cowboys is the greatest thing! I pass by his old place every day on the way to work!
2. Obviously the 'Boys but also Longhorns, Mexico National Soccer team, and our local high school football team
[Image: Desertfox24.gif]

Collecting Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Dallas Cowboys!
Also collecting: Dez Bryant, Keke Coutee, Jorvorskie Lane, Ken Houston and Reggie McNeal

http://s1339.beta.photobucket.com/user/D...1/library/

Awesome answers people. Keep them coming, this is going to be super nice!

1) bojesphob (I made this up, and it stuck, and anagram of my first name (Joseph) and the nickname for my middle name (Bob). Was also called Cliff in high school because I was full of random facts.

2) When I was around 10, my family would go to my dad's company's family picnic, and for 3 straight years, the owner of the company would bring a box of Topps football cards for the younger kids, and there would just be two of us boys that would want any, so we'd split the box. ~24 years later, I'm still buying packs and such lol I also played football from 5th grade through my sophomore year of high school before having to quit because of two moderate to severe concussions that happened within 6 months of each other.

3) Two cats - Zoey and Socks. Zoey is a calico that I took in as a stray, and she ended up being pregnant. Socks was her first born kitten that I kept, and I found homes for the other 4.

4) I would say either a Bart Starr rookie or a Rodgers Contenders rookie auto. Both cards that I would love to have.

5) I don't have all of my PC in my org, but I definitely have the higher end cards and the majority of my Favres and Rodgers already in. I've got close to 3000 cards that I still need to get entered.

6) Ohio

Top 3 Favorite football players: Reggie White - I met him in high school at a football camp put on by ex players that wanted to help high school players, Barry Sanders - How could you NOT like Barry Sanders?, I have a tie for 3rd: Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers - Favre was extremely exciting to watch in person (got to see him play several times, even though I'm no where near Green Bay) and Rodgers because he is such a class act. Of course, 3 of those guys playing for my favorite team doesn't hurt Smile

Favorite teams: Of course, the Packers in football. I do follow the Reds in Baseball, though I don't collect baseball cards (or, at least, I haven't since the 1994 strike). My company gives away tickets in the scout section for Great American Ballpark, and that got me going and enjoying watching the Reds play.

Wow, great story. You go by Joe?

Great job Kelly! I'm enjoying reading everyones stories!
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

(03-23-2013, 12:11 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Wow, great story. You go by Joe?
Yeah, for the most part. I've got a few people who call me Joseph (like a few of the upper management where I work), and my mom still likes to give me a hard time and call me Joey... She's the only person who gets away with that LOL

Well, Jason, I think this is a great way to meet the new people here and to let them know us as well. I like when established members post here too so that we don't seem like an intimidating bunch of clickitty clickitty people!