`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Major MJ Mailday! PICS!

Major MJ Mailday! PICS!
I am very excited about this mailday. Probably one of my favorite maildays ever! I went a little crazy with a couple of these cards and cannot buy anymore for the rest of the month, but I am happy. No more spending my money but I do plan to gather some more cards to hit the bay! Have two up now to try and recoup some of the expenses. Two cards I have wanted for a LONG time! Let me know what you think.

Picked up both of these cards for $5 each. The Starquest isnt great, but it goes with the 3 other BGS 9's I picked up last week:
[Image: 100_3183_zpsa92df17a.jpg]
[Image: 100_3184_zps91b96d93.jpg]

I picked up this card last week and it was a replacement:
[Image: 100_3185_zps93e28d7d.jpg]

And now the major items. The first card I knew I was going to spend a lot on. Apparently BGS 9.5 is the norm in this card when it comes to graded copies. Have wanted this card for a long time!

[Image: 100_3186_zpsc6908383.jpg]

Even though I thought the previous card would be hard to top, I got this. I bid on another BGS 9.5 the same day and lost to a selling price of $190. A hour later I searched for this same card and found another BGS 9.5 ending within the hour. The card had a starting bid of $150 with no bids. I put my bid in and walked away expecting to get sniped at the end. When I got the notification on my phone I was beyond happy. Saved $40 on this card and got an extremely great deal on it IMO.

[Image: 100_3187_zpsc066e8f0.jpg]

I typically do not care to buy cards in BGS 9.5 because of the price. But like I mentioned above, it seems that with both of these cards you either buy a raw copy or they are BGS 9.5. That is all that I see on Ebay.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: Major MJ Mailday! PICS!
Very nice!
I remember trying to find a titanium BGS 9.5 for months!
Was not an easy card to find about a year ago!
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

(03-08-2013, 01:54 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: I am very excited about this mailday. Probably one of my favorite maildays ever! I went a little crazy with a couple of these cards and cannot buy anymore for the rest of the month, but I am happy. No more spending my money but I do plan to gather some more cards to hit the bay! Have two up now to try and recoup some of the expenses. Two cards I have wanted for a LONG time! Let me know what you think.

Picked up both of these cards for $5 each. The Starquest isnt great, but it goes with the 3 other BGS 9's I picked up last week:
[Image: 100_3183_zpsa92df17a.jpg]
[Image: 100_3184_zps91b96d93.jpg]

I picked up this card last week and it was a replacement:
[Image: 100_3185_zps93e28d7d.jpg]
I have the whole set of the mj star quest in 9.5 if u want to buy them

And now the major items. The first card I knew I was going to spend a lot on. Apparently BGS 9.5 is the norm in this card when it comes to graded copies. Have wanted this card for a long time!

[Image: 100_3186_zpsc6908383.jpg]

Even though I thought the previous card would be hard to top, I got this. I bid on another BGS 9.5 the same day and lost to a selling price of $190. A hour later I searched for this same card and found another BGS 9.5 ending within the hour. The card had a starting bid of $150 with no bids. I put my bid in and walked away expecting to get sniped at the end. When I got the notification on my phone I was beyond happy. Saved $40 on this card and got an extremely great deal on it IMO.

[Image: 100_3187_zpsc066e8f0.jpg]

I typically do not care to buy cards in BGS 9.5 because of the price. But like I mentioned above, it seems that with both of these cards you either buy a raw copy or they are BGS 9.5. That is all that I see on Ebay.

90's mj collector 9.5's or better, also collecting Chris Paul patches and autos

NICE!!! Those are two of my favorite sets! Beautiful looking cards and even nicer when they're slabbed! Great pickups!
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Very nice!
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

Awesome additions!! I am so jealous of the hot numbers bgs 9.5!! It is one of my favorite cards and I do not own it yet!!! That along with the scoring kings were my two favorite 90's inserts. I have a nice raw version of the scoring kings but have always dreamt of having the BGS 9.5. It is just too expensive right now! Maybe I will add the hot numbers instead!

(03-08-2013, 12:18 PM)edescartes Wrote: Awesome additions!! I am so jealous of the hot numbers bgs 9.5!! It is one of my favorite cards and I do not own it yet!!! That along with the scoring kings were my two favorite 90's inserts. I have a nice raw version of the scoring kings but have always dreamt of having the BGS 9.5. It is just too expensive right now! Maybe I will add the hot numbers instead!
I agree! The Hot Numbers has been a card I have wanted for quite some time now. I was so shocked to get it for $150. I looked at the completed sales last night for this card and most sell for the $190 range if not higher!
(03-08-2013, 11:02 AM)The_Zodiac_Collection Wrote: Very nice!
Thank you!
(03-08-2013, 10:25 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: NICE!!! Those are two of my favorite sets! Beautiful looking cards and even nicer when they're slabbed! Great pickups!
I agree. I probably could have got the Titanium cheaper ungraded, but I didnt want to run the risks of it not being in good shape. Such a nice card in person!
(03-08-2013, 05:40 AM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: Very nice!
I remember trying to find a titanium BGS 9.5 for months!
Was not an easy card to find about a year ago!
I could imagine. Before I bought this, it seemed that all the Titanium cards were in a BGS 9.5. I didnt see any that were not. Thats why I went with it. I typically stick with BGS 8.5-9 simply because of price but I have wanted this card for so long I decided to go with it.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Bro sweet pick ups!!!! The Hot Numbers I remember wanting SO bad as a kid!! 95-96 Flair was an amazing product for real! Even the base cards from both series were beauties! I remember having the awesome series 1 MJ base & the series two "Style" which I just thougt was gorgeous! Then the inserts OMG!!!!! I had the New Heights insert & it was jaw dropping! There have never been cards like those 90's inserts! SO well designed that they didn't need a patch or autograph! Miss those days!

Amazing cards, all of them nick!!

Nice pick ups! I almost bought one months ago for 275. Its crazy how much prices have changed. Up and down....

Wow. I LOVE that Titanium card, acetate stuff always looks so good and usually stays in decent shape too, they should make more cards like that. Awesome pick-ups as usual!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]