`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to NASCAR/Racing Card collecting

New to NASCAR/Racing Card collecting
Have always been a NASCAR fan for as long as I can remember. Ernie Irvan and the Kodak car was the first Driver/Car I really rooted for. After Ernie's early retirement, I started pulling for boys from Missouri and Rusty Wallace was a natural fit. Followed Rusty's career from Ernie's retirement till Rusty's retirement. Since then, I've taken to Jamie McMurray and even Clint Bowyer (as I lived in Kansas for a brief period). Cannot bring myself to root for Carl Edwards as he is from the one area in Missouri I cannot stand...Columbia and the Mizzou area (Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk!!) ^_^

Anyhow, I just got back into collecting baseball cards again about a year ago & was looking for a new sport to start collecting. NASCAR seemed a natural fit for me. So far, I've only picked up a handful of retail blaster boxes, some reduced 2009 Press Pass (Series 2) & 2013 Press Pass.

I've some doubles from 2013 as well as a few 2009 Pocket Portraits. I also pulled a 2009 Joey Lagano Sponsor Swatch #/250 that I would trade for a similar item of one of the Drivers I mentioned above (other than Edwards). Otherwise, I am currently just looking to complete these two base sets and see where this NASCAR collecting takes me.

-=-

2009 Press Pass (Series 2) Base Set Needs:

#s: 123, 125, 130, 132, 136, 140, 146, 147, 159, 169, 175, 179, 180, 188-190, 193, 198, 202, 210, 211, 214, 218, CL (Johnson), #0

2013 Press Pass Base Set Needs:

#s: 80, 86, 0

Going to PC: Ernie Irvan, Rusty Wallace, & Jamie McMurray

-=-
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

RE: New to NASCAR/Racing Card collecting
welcome to the boards im moving this weekend but once I get settled I can probably help you with your sets
Photobucket

(03-02-2013, 09:38 PM)roostersclassics11 Wrote: welcome to the boards im moving this weekend but once I get settled I can probably help you with your sets
That's awesome, thank you! Just got home with a couple more '13 Blasters...hoping to pull something nice.

Good luck with your move & I wish you a smooth transition. Be Well & I look forward to trading with you.

-Jason
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

Let me know if you get/have any cards of people in my Org, I trade any type of card for any type of card, not Racing only for Racing ect. I have tons of cards available FT.

Jerry
Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

(03-02-2013, 10:20 PM)Echo7Bravo Wrote: Let me know if you get/have any cards of people in my Org, I trade any type of card for any type of card, not Racing only for Racing ect. I have tons of cards available FT.

Jerry
Hello & Thank you. As far as your PCs, I only pulled some base doubles if you're interested. I did pull a Gordon 'Cool Persistence' insert I may trade if you need it. Thanks again for the offer, Jerry. Maybe we can do some trading soon?

I also pulled a 2013 Press Pass Burning Rubber Gold #BRJJ Jimmie Johnson 099/199 if anybody is interested. It is marked for trade in my Org. I may try to get some scans up here in the thread of the couple Relic cards I've pulled so far from '09 and '13 Press Pass.

-Jason
Again, the Lagano is from 2009 Press Pass, the rest are 3013 Press Pass. All are marked FT in Org.

[Image: IMG-1_zps331aaebc.jpg]

Welcome to the racing boards. I have some 2013 base if you have a list let me know what you need.
[Image: OKimtze.png]

(03-03-2013, 01:23 AM)minitracer Wrote: Welcome to the racing boards. I have some 2013 base if you have a list let me know what you need.
Hello minitracer & thank you. I suppose a list would probably be helpful, lol. Give me a few minutes and I'll update the first post with a list of 2013 base needs.

HaHa. Yes thats helpful.
I will look tonight.
[Image: OKimtze.png]

Welcome to the NASCAR boards. I have all of the cards you need. I do not have any of them listed in my org., but I do have them. I'll see what I can do about getting them loaded in there and maybe we can work something out. The only card I may not have is the 0 card.
I collect J. Johnson, K. Larson, C. Elliott, E. Jones & The Cleveland Browns
Photobucket Links are Below.

http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/OurNUT...ace%20Used

http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/NASCARRay/library/?sort=3&page=1

(03-10-2013, 02:46 AM)r and k sports cards Wrote: Welcome to the NASCAR boards. I have all of the cards you need. I do not have any of them listed in my org., but I do have them. I'll see what I can do about getting them loaded in there and maybe we can work something out. The only card I may not have is the 0 card.
I'd appreciate any help you could throw my way, thank you! I believe I have the lists updated, will double check. Let me know if you came across any Irvan, Wallace, or McMurray while you're adding too as I'm looking to build those driver collections as well. Thank you & I look forward to working a trade with you! Be Well - Jason