`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's hear your BOLD predictions for 2013

Let's hear your BOLD predictions for 2013
Alright, here's your chance to look like a genius, a fool, or something in between. Let's hear what you've got. Go out on a limb. Who's going to have a break out season? Who's going to flop? Who's going to get cut loose?

In no particular order, here's what I got:

1. Huge Jeter controversy on the horizon. Will be hitting under .200 in mid-May with no home runs, 10 RBI and 10 runs. By the end of June, he'll have a mini resurgence and will get his batting average up to .230 before hitting the DL in late-July. Jeter makes it back to the line up by the end of August, but Yankees finish the season in third place, a game behind the Red Sox. Yankees are a mess, Cashman resigns.

2. SF Giants limp to a .500 finish and miss the wild card by 4 games.

3. Josh Hamilton and Albert Pujols combine for 45 home runs and 170 RBIs, with both seeing time on the DL.

4. After a good opening day start, Verlander gets lit up for the rest of April. On May 15, his record is 1-5 with a 4.90 ERA. Sparks a brawl with the Rangers by plunking (Nelson Cruz?) twice in one game. Gets suspended for 6 games. Back to back dominant starts in June turns his season around. Finishes 5th in Cy Young with 16-8 season, 3.50 ERA, 240 Ks.

5. Hosmer has a big season for the resurgent Royals. KC will have a 10 game winning streak and win 20 games in June, but will finish the season with 86 wins, a game ahead of the Indians, and 4 back of the Tigers.

6. Bryce Harper wins NL MVP with .325 BA, 35 HR, 110 RBI, 135 runs, 35 SB.

7. Strasburg wins NL CY Young with 21 wins (6 losses), .285 ERA, and 260 Ks.

8. Twins trade Mauer or Morneau.

9. Nationals-Tigers in best W.S. since 2001. Goes the distance with the Tigers winning game 7 9-6. Prince Fielder is WS MVP.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

RE: Let's hear your BOLD predictions for 2013
1. Rangers come in 4th place in the AL West behind Angels, Mariners, and A's

2. Colby Rasmus comes in 3rd place in MVP

3. Trout wins MVP, Darvish wins CY Young (may be a bit bias) lol

4. Yankees have best record in league and breeze to WS

5. Austin Romine surges as Yankees catcher wins ROY and hits 312 with 26 homeruns and 87 RBIs
Busting boxes!!!

Yankees catcher does well.
Trout's weight problem will cause issues
I will complete my Dirk Hayhurst PC Smile
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Interstate world series between the dodgers and angels.............
Phillies dont renew charlie manuel
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Astros don't end up with worst record in the league. In fact, they don't finish with the worst record in their own division, finishing ahead of the Mariners.

Pirates and Royals both finish above .500

Jays win the AL West with the O's getting in the wild card. those two teams ahead of the yanks by 15 games on final day. Bautista and Encarnacion both hit 40 HR's. Dickey gets hurt in May, on DL.

Trout wins AL MVP after popping of some punchline about his weight. probably comparing himself to Miggy.

Giants miss playoffs by 3 or 4 games.

Pirates make it in via wildcard win.

Granderson gets traded.

Jeter and Arod retire after finishing the season. (not likely but....one can only wish to be rid of them)

www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios

Yankees take the division by two games.

It's the Royals and Blue Jays in the AL wild card

AROD retires

Yankees beat the Nationals in the World Series 4 games to 2
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Oakland A's lead the AL west wire to wire and finishes the season with the best record in baseball. Does not win a single playoff game.

Baltimore continues what they started last year having very solid success the whole season. Comes down to the last game of the season and wins the AL east by half a game over the Jays with the Jays as the wild card. Meanwhile the Yankees finish at the bottom of the standings for the first time in god knows when.

Cubs struggle out the gate and go into the Allstar break with the worst record in baseball. Somehow, they miraculously turn things around and have two 10 game winning streaks and miss the playoffs by 3 games.

Dodgers struggle with the overblown contracts and instead of dismantling the team the ownership adds a couple more HUGE bats before the trade deadline and they sneak into the playoffs as the wild card. They miss the WS by one game.
I should also add that David Price has another dominant season and wins the CY Young for the second season in a row!
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(02-18-2013, 01:49 PM)x5ofspades Wrote: Jays win the AL West with the O's getting in the wild card.
I assume you meant al east lol Wink

Ill add something else. Miguel Caberera finally gets caught for PED use and is banned for life !! lol (dreaming)
http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt...ie2003.JPG
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-S8942dR--j0/T-...era+13.jpg
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(02-18-2013, 10:41 AM)uvaspina Wrote: Alright, here's your chance to look like a genius, a fool, or something in between. Let's hear what you've got. Go out on a limb. Who's going to have a break out season? Who's going to flop? Who's going to get cut loose?

In no particular order, here's what I got:

1. Huge Jeter controversy on the horizon. Will be hitting under .200 in mid-May with no home runs, 10 RBI and 10 runs. By the end of June, he'll have a mini resurgence and will get his batting average up to .230 before hitting the DL in late-July. Jeter makes it back to the line up by the end of August, but Yankees finish the season in third place, a game behind the Red Sox. Yankees are a mess, Cashman resigns.

2. SF Giants limp to a .500 finish and miss the wild card by 4 games.

3. Josh Hamilton and Albert Pujols combine for 45 home runs and 170 RBIs, with both seeing time on the DL.

4. After a good opening day start, Verlander gets lit up for the rest of April. On May 15, his record is 1-5 with a 4.90 ERA. Sparks a brawl with the Rangers by plunking (Nelson Cruz?) twice in one game. Gets suspended for 6 games. Back to back dominant starts in June turns his season around. Finishes 5th in Cy Young with 16-8 season, 3.50 ERA, 240 Ks.

5. Hosmer has a big season for the resurgent Royals. KC will have a 10 game winning streak and win 20 games in June, but will finish the season with 86 wins, a game ahead of the Indians, and 4 back of the Tigers.

6. Bryce Harper wins NL MVP with .325 BA, 35 HR, 110 RBI, 135 runs, 35 SB.

7. Strasburg wins NL CY Young with 21 wins (6 losses), .285 ERA, and 260 Ks.

8. Twins trade Mauer or Morneau.

9. Nationals-Tigers in best W.S. since 2001. Goes the distance with the Tigers winning game 7 9-6. Prince Fielder is WS MVP.

You are BOLD! lol Smile