`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This Card Is Sick!!!

RE: This Card Is Sick!!!
(02-01-2013, 10:36 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Are you sending it to BGS or PSA?
JSA/BGS

(02-01-2013, 12:19 PM)korylaverne Wrote: JSA/BGS
Don't pay extra to have the JSA portion - it's already a certified auto from the manufacturer (Topps). Typically, BGS/JSA (or PSA/DNA) submissions are for IP/TTM autographs

[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I was originally going to send it to BGS but since it is an auto they said my card would be sent back and I would have to send it to JSA. Good thing I was able to go back to the post office and fix this problem. It should be back next week.

Beautiful card.

Mike

(02-01-2013, 09:28 PM)korylaverne Wrote: I was originally going to send it to BGS but since it is an auto they said my card would be sent back and I would have to send it to JSA. Good thing I was able to go back to the post office and fix this problem. It should be back next week.
The guy at your card shop said that BGS will send a card back if it has an auto and that JSA has to do it? This is 100% false and doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about. Just do a quick search on ebay of BGS cards (maybe throw "Bowman Chrome" in your search) and you will see that auto cards have a main grade (with the 4 subs) and a separate grade for the autograph (and JSA doesn't need to be involved at all). I think you will receive better advice on this board or any of the other main trading sites.

Is this card for resale or for your PC? Many collectors feel grading a 1/1 card is kind of a waste since it is the only one of its kind and a high grade doesn't differentiate it from others. If you're looking to sell, getting a 9.5 will definitely increase the value of the card (you might see a slight premium for a 9). However, with a thicker card like this from Triple Threads and one that has GU pieces, it is usually very difficult to obtain such a high grade. If it were to come back an 8, I think this would hurt the value and you'd be better off with the raw copy.

Good luck with the BGS submission
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(02-02-2013, 12:12 AM)iconms Wrote: The guy at your card shop said that BGS will send a card back if it has an auto and that JSA has to do it? This is 100% false and doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about. Just do a quick search on ebay of BGS cards (maybe throw "Bowman Chrome" in your search) and you will see that auto cards have a main grade (with the 4 subs) and a separate grade for the autograph (and JSA doesn't need to be involved at all). I think you will receive better advice on this board or any of the other main trading sites.

Is this card for resale or for your PC? Many collectors feel grading a 1/1 card is kind of a waste since it is the only one of its kind and a high grade doesn't differentiate it from others. If you're looking to sell, getting a 9.5 will definitely increase the value of the card (you might see a slight premium for a 9). However, with a thicker card like this from Triple Threads and one that has GU pieces, it is usually very difficult to obtain such a high grade. If it were to come back an 8, I think this would hurt the value and you'd be better off with the raw copy.

Good luck with the BGS submission
One of the guys I spoke to from BGS said that.