`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pre sale problems on ebay?

pre sale problems on ebay?
I bought a box of 2013 Topps in November in a presale. The description said that the box would be sent out the day it dropped in stores. I haven't gotten box yet and am starting to get worried. I have a tracking number and when I enter it in at the USPS website and it says that it acknowledges the number and that it was created in November but that's about it. Should I be worried or do I need to do something? I contacted the seller and all he did was give me the tracking number again. He didn't mention if he sent out the box or give me a date when the box would be sent out. Thanks for any opinions.

RE: pre sale problems on ebay?
File a claim now before it's too late!
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(02-01-2013, 05:13 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: File a claim now before it's too late!
These were released on Wednesday. Isn't two days a little early to be freaking out and filing a claim? I doubt these were going to be shipped over night.

i would wait. the release date was wednesday. i pre-ordered mine as well and it shipped out wednesday.

did you, i dont know...check the tracking number?

(02-01-2013, 05:10 PM)dallas_collecter84 Wrote: I bought a box of 2013 Topps in November in a presale. The description said that the box would be sent out the day it dropped in stores. I haven't gotten box yet and am starting to get worried. I have a tracking number and when I enter it in at the USPS website and it says that it acknowledges the number and that it was created in November but that's about it. Should I be worried or do I need to do something? I contacted the seller and all he did was give me the tracking number again. He didn't mention if he sent out the box or give me a date when the box would be sent out. Thanks for any opinions.
More than the allowed time has passed to file an item not received. If the tracking # is recently created then i would think you would get the box. Keep us updated, btw the online tracking is not updated until it goes thru a mailing hub & i have received items that apparantly weren't scanned until delivery at my home.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(02-01-2013, 05:16 PM)dpatera Wrote: These were released on Wednesday. Isn't two days a little early to be freaking out and filing a claim? I doubt these were going to be shipped over night.

Quote:If you bought a presale item that you didn't receive, you have 45 days from the date the listing ended to open a case on eBay

so if the auction ended in November, then his 45 days would be up, especially since the DC was purchased in November

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(02-01-2013, 05:40 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: did you, i dont know...check the tracking number?
yeah i checked it, this is what it says on the usps website:
Your Item's Status
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 26, 2012 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item. Additional information for this item is stored in files offline. A request to restore this information has been submitted and is currently pending.

From Ebay and the listing shouldn't have even been allowed in the first place.

Policy overview

Presale listings generally consist of items that are sold before they're available to the public, such as video games, tickets, and custom-made items. (For the rules on magazine subscriptions and certain promotional items and events, see Additional information.) Often the items aren't in the seller's control or possession when they're listed.

If you want to sell presale items, be sure to meet all of the following criteria:

Guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the purchase date. Be sure to clearly state this information in your listing.

Clearly indicate in the listing that the item is a presale item.

The handling time specified in your listing should reflect the time from the end of the listing until the item is shipped to the buyer—not the time the item is in your possession. Be sure to specify the correct handling time in your listing.

In the listing form, you need to use the default font size of 3 so people can easily see these sale terms.

Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

Additional information

Buyer protection programs

If you bought a presale item that you didn't receive, you have 45 days from the date the listing ended to open a case on eBay. Find out more about eBay's buyer protection programs.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html

(02-01-2013, 05:10 PM)dallas_collecter84 Wrote: I bought a box of 2013 Topps in November in a presale. The description said that the box would be sent out the day it dropped in stores. I haven't gotten box yet and am starting to get worried. I have a tracking number and when I enter it in at the USPS website and it says that it acknowledges the number and that it was created in November but that's about it. Should I be worried or do I need to do something? I contacted the seller and all he did was give me the tracking number again. He didn't mention if he sent out the box or give me a date when the box would be sent out. Thanks for any opinions.
You should definitely be worried. I bought rather large arcade machines from a guy (who also sells a good number of sports cards go figure), it happened when I was having a shipping company pick them up, their town flooded and the roads in and out were closed. Long story short guy stalled me, and led me lines of nonsense through emails/phone convo's about how it was no problem, 3 days after 45 days had passed he immediately changed his tone actually going as far as sending me a message through ebay I am keeping both machines and you're money. And guess what he did.

Ebay/paypal told me tough luck even though he went as far as to admit screwing me over. Foolish me I thought I was covered up to 60 days and found out the hard way, its only 45 days. So in answer to your question, unless you paid with a credit card, if the guy wants to be dishonest you're out your cash and there is nothing you can do about it.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.