`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Upset with UD...

Upset with UD...
A long while ago I bought a Redemption for a SPA rookie auto of Jeff Maehl for my Ducks PC. He has other auto's live in some UD products so I thought it'd eventually be filled. So today I check my mail to see if Duch's contest prize was in.

Got a yellow mailer from UD containing a copy/paste apology and two scrub autos of backups Brian Price and Anthony Dixon without even contacting me to ask if I had preference in who/what they sent as a replacement or even that it wasn't going to be filled.

Thanks upper deck, for nothing. Signed, a disappointed customer.

RE: Upset with UD...
That really sucks to hear. I thought it was standard to ask what sort of replacement you would accept. Redemptions seriously blow.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

(01-26-2013, 09:43 PM)nineof Wrote: That really sucks to hear. I thought it was standard to ask what sort of replacement you would accept. Redemptions seriously blow.
As did I. No contact e-mail or anything. Now I'm stuck with two autos I'd rather not even waste my time with. Sad

I had the same redemption (Maehl) and got the same 2 autos in return. Now I didn't care if I got the Maehl, as I have no reason to collect him, but I would have preferred to have a choice who they replaced it with as well, since I waited for almost a year to get this.
i absolutely HATE redemption cards - I've been waiting over 15 months for a Demarco Murray Absolute from Panini (which I also don't care if I get the player, I just want SOMETHING at this point) As bad as this was from UD, Panini has been 100 times worse. I am done with them and filed a complaint at the Better Business Bureau this weekend. As far as I'm concerned - Topps is the only company that even tries to fairly deal with redemption cards, but I have heard bad things about them too. I seriously wonder about the future of this hobby if these companies dont get their acts together.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(01-26-2013, 09:37 PM)ejnfl24 Wrote: A long while ago I bought a Redemption for a SPA rookie auto of Jeff Maehl for my Ducks PC. He has other auto's live in some UD products so I thought it'd eventually be filled. So today I check my mail to see if Duch's contest prize was in.

Got a yellow mailer from UD containing a copy/paste apology and two scrub autos of backups Brian Price and Anthony Dixon without even contacting me to ask if I had preference in who/what they sent as a replacement or even that it wasn't going to be filled.

Thanks upper deck, for nothing. Signed, a disappointed customer.
I'm waiting on ten Stevan Ridley Rookie Contender Autos from Panini. I'm not holding my breath. BTW the package is coming via Fed Ex, so it should be there soon
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

man that sucks Im waiting on a Hankerson which has been a couple months but whats sad is I had the same redemption 2 months earlier I sent this one in and got it in under 4 weeks
Photobucket

Same UD problem for me. I have been waiting for a 2010 Carlos Dunlap SPA Auto RC for over a year and on Friday I got the letter and 2 card replacement by UD. I got Trent Williams and Brian Price RC autos from the same set. I am not too upset about it. I would have liked alittle better player selection, but the Dunlap BV was pretty low. The extra auto made up for it, I guess.

I certainly understand you being upset with UD. An email making us aware of the problem would have been great. I have noticed my last few redemptions from UD have come without an email notification. Sounds like they are running on fumes over at UD.

Art

Yeah I would've at least liked a choice. I have no interest in the two cards I got instead of getting a nice PC item. Might as well just give em away. Smile
(01-27-2013, 06:43 PM)Duchovny2 Wrote: I'm waiting on ten Stevan Ridley Rookie Contender Autos from Panini. I'm not holding my breath. BTW the package is coming via Fed Ex, so it should be there soon
Alright sounds good. Thanks again!

I will get you something Ducks for them if ya like. Smile
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

What I don't get is it's not like Maehl has anything to do... A practice squad reject thanks to the Texans... WTF is up with Upper Deck??? Redemptions suck, plain and simple...