`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
part rant part comedy: I officially suck at rookie prospecting lol

part rant part comedy: I officially suck at rookie prospecting lol
Title says it all...I suck lol I was just reflecting on my collecting as a whole, and I officially can't rookie prospect for crap. CaseS in point lol:

1) Jeremy Lin- was ticked his rookie year when I hit 2 dupe RC SP autos of his out of 2 boxes. I traded them for less than 30 each for nothing special....that was a week before his values exploded

2) Kaepernick- I hit two of his 11 Timeless Treasures auto RCs...and traded them when they booked for 25 a piece. Obviously that was a mistake

3) Devin Hester- I HELD OFF ON TRADING HIS STUFF CAUSE I WAS SURE HE'D BE AMAZING....anyone want it now? no?

That's it...I just need to stop trading RCs lol I'll just keep them all, regardless of if they suck or not! lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: part rant part comedy: I officially suck at rookie prospecting lol
Lol....you remember mike kafka? Or kevin kolb? Or Beanie Wells? Lmao....welcome to my life man......lol
Slowly starting to get back into it....

Hey I would venture to bet that if most were honest they would only hit a good one in maybe 1 out of 10 times. Its part of it that keeps this hobby interesting. Just think og a few years ago of some that were supposed to be can not miss. Just a few examples; Jamarcus Russell, probably could put Mark Sanchez on that group now, Matt Leinart, Tim Couch, thats just a few and their hype was all much higher than say Tom Brady?
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

I passed on so many Russell Wilsons this year on my quest for Matt Flynns...
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

I'll take all your Hester stuff lol

(01-18-2013, 06:47 PM)totally sports Wrote: Hey I would venture to bet that if most were honest they would only hit a good one in maybe 1 out of 10 times. Its part of it that keeps this hobby interesting. Just think og a few years ago of some that were supposed to be can not miss. Just a few examples; Jamarcus Russell, probably could put Mark Sanchez on that group now, Matt Leinart, Tim Couch, thats just a few and their hype was all much higher than say Tom Brady?
ya I have stuff of all those guys Tongue

DUDE! got 3 names for ya
Smile
Cade McNown
JaMarcus Russell
Garrett Wolfe
Smile
Beat those
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

Remember...someone thought at one point that Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith would franchise qbs.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(01-18-2013, 09:03 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: Remember...someone thought at one point that Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith would franchise qbs.
I always wanted to do a Ryan Leaf collection!

The worst rookie I ever collected was Matt Leinart. He was big time in college and then when he got drafted by the Cardinals who at the time had Boldin and Fitzgerald I thought he would be great. Well I was wrong lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341