`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Buying Retail

Buying Retail
So I am trying to force myself not to buy retail boxes. Especially basketball because it seems like your odds of pulling something good are so much lower than football. I don't open baseball so couldn't compare them.

Anyway my thought is for the price of a $20 retail box I could buy a jersey card of lebron, kobe, elway, marino or alot of other HOF now or HOF bound players.

I don't have an LCS around so unless I want to order boxes online I am stuck with retail. I spent $60 on 3 retail boxes and ended up with 2 jersey cards 20 base RC's and about 100 commons/base.

I am thinking 3 guaranteed Lebron Game Used cards or 1 Lebron 3 color patch card would be a much nicer way to spend my $60. Any thoughts?
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

RE: Buying Retail
Well, the usual/prevailing logic on the boards is to always buy hobby or singles, like you said.

But I have noticed that the companies are making a much better effort to load up retail products in the last couple of years.

I pulled this out of a Target blaster last year:

[Image: Harper1.jpg]

Refractor, #341/500 ... I almost passed out when I pulled it!

Yeah I think football and baseball, based on your pull, are doing pretty good to make sure you get one jersey or auto card in every box. But basketball is pretty week based on the boxes I have opened this season.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

(01-17-2013, 09:56 PM)briankort Wrote: Yeah I think football and baseball, based on your pull, are doing pretty good to make sure you get one jersey or auto card in every box. But basketball is pretty week based on the boxes I have opened this season.
Yeah, you're right ... Threads blasters are HORRIBLE this year, Prestige and Hoops were only good for the RCs, and since there aren't any Prizm blasters (WTF!), the pack searchers just go nuts on the open boxes.

I agree... i've never bought retail basketball, only fb and baseball. 60 is a good chunk of $ to spend online with something else. Just WAY too many other options out there to choose from IMO.

Singles over retail in basketball 98% of the time. There are always outliers in this logic but I agree that singles guarantee that you get what you want.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

Although, come to think of it, I did pull this out of 13 random, loose packs of Prestige:

[Image: Unibrow2.jpg]

Blammo! Come to think of it, I am the heavyweight champion of retail.
(01-17-2013, 10:04 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Singles guarantee that you get what you want.
Yes. That is true.

I know we have to deal with pack searchers but the Prizm retail is what has brought me back into trading/buying basketball again. I have hit 2 local Wal-Marts and was lucky enough to pull 4 green Prizms. (Derrick Rose, Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, & Bill Walton) I think that's the best basketball retail for the buck at the moment.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

(01-18-2013, 01:50 AM)englandhousehold Wrote: I know we have to deal with pack searchers but the Prizm retail is what has brought me back into trading/buying basketball again. I have hit 2 local Wal-Marts and was lucky enough to pull 4 green Prizms. (Derrick Rose, Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, & Bill Walton) I think that's the best basketball retail for the buck at the moment.
Yeah, I love Prizm ... but I bought 34 retail packs the other day (17 packs left in each box) and pulled exactly one green Prism.

So, apparently, the pack searchers have figured out which ones have the greens ... I don't know how, because the packs are still the same thickness/weight ... maybe they come in a certain order in the box or something (as in, last pack, bottom right, etc.).

It would be awesome if they made Prizm blasters ... WAY better than Threads, sheesh.

I Bought a prizm retail sealed box online for $100 I hope I do good.