`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LCS Horror stories

LCS Horror stories
So this isnt a horror story about the shop but rather that sick feeling you can get every now and again.

So i was at my local shop and saw they had a box of 2007 co-sign. I really liked this product when it was new so i decided to grab a couple packs. Best card of my two packs was a zach miller rookie /350.

Not long after i decided call it quits a customer decided he would try his luck with the co-sign and what does he pull?...

Jerry Rice / Joe montana dual auto #24/25.

I swear this has been my luck lately. Same thing happened a few weeks back at the same shop. I pulled 8 packs of elite leaving 2 packs in the box. I get a few random no name hits customer come sin buys the last two packs and gets a russell wilson hard hat auto and rg3 auto.

I cant be the only one who has stuff like this happen right?
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

RE: LCS Horror storries
Oh you want a horror story...I'm innorthernmichigsn, not really the mecca of lcs...but we finally got a sports collectables storethat carried hobby boxes/packs

...they are DOUBLE retail cost (as in for hobby stuff lol as in what would normally be a10 dollar pack is 20)

But since I wanteda hobby pack icavedand asked for one

"Do you want to pick it out? Some guys have a way of picking packs out, they squeeze um or something"

....so you're chargin me double AND pack searching....no thanks
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: LCS Horror stories
Yeah, that's a sucky story. Definitely makes you want to punch that other customer in the head. Not that they did anything wrong... Just want to even things out for them... Lol.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

(01-16-2013, 10:06 AM)a2coupe2a Wrote: So this isnt a horror story about the shop but rather that sick feeling you can get every now and again.

So i was at my local shop and saw they had a box of 2007 co-sign. I really liked this product when it was new so i decided to grab a couple packs. Best card of my two packs was a zach miller rookie /350.

Not long after i decided call it quits a customer decided he would try his luck with the co-sign and what does he pull?...

Jerry Rice / Joe montana dual auto #24/25.

I swear this has been my luck lately. Same thing happened a few weeks back at the same shop. I pulled 8 packs of elite leaving 2 packs in the box. I get a few random no name hits customer come sin buys the last two packs and gets a russell wilson hard hat auto and rg3 auto.

I cant be the only one who has stuff like this happen right?
Prime example of the "Last Pack Rule". If you're not familiar, stalk around on the hockey board for a while ,you will see what I mean.

I've actually been on the other side of that situation a few times. I saw a guy buy a bunch of packs out of a fresh box and get nothing. I bought a few packs afterward, and pulled a patch card (ok patch, junk player). The other guy started making a scene about it!! He was grumbling that "he wasn't done buying packs out of the box yet", and I took his hit....He had walked away, but said he was just counting his money to buy more....
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

No that is the same luck I have. My motto has always been, "I could be the only one playing and not win."
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

(01-16-2013, 10:12 AM)swjrp10 Wrote: Oh you want a horror story...I'm innorthernmichigsn, not really the mecca of lcs...but we finally got a sports collectables storethat carried hobby boxes/packs

...they are DOUBLE retail cost (as in for hobby stuff lol as in what would normally be a10 dollar pack is 20)

But since I wanteda hobby pack icavedand asked for one

"Do you want to pick it out? Some guys have a way of picking packs out, they squeeze um or something"

....so you're chargin me double AND pack searching....no thanks
YIKES!

There's a store around me that always sells his packs for pretty cheap actually. It probably has something to do with the fact that all the hits are on his feebay site and not in the boxes. He brings product in by the case, but only sells packs. If you don't see him open the box yourself, you don't buy from it.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

I always try to finish off the boxes, just to be sure. Nothing as big as a Rice/Montana dual, but I have hit on a Manning Auto, Forte auto, and a Tandon Doss SPA patch.

[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

(01-16-2013, 01:15 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: YIKES!

There's a store around me that always sells his packs for pretty cheap actually. It probably has something to do with the fact that all the hits are on his feebay site and not in the boxes. He brings product in by the case, but only sells packs. If you don't see him open the box yourself, you don't buy from it.
Yeah, that's exactly like the LCS closest to me ... he's a good guy as far as he's willing to trade, and I've hit some huge pulls out of sealed boxes from his shop.

But as for his open/loose stuff, he'll always have a few "samples" sleeved up, and it's usually most, if not all of the hits.

I've asked him several times if they all came out of the same box, and he says no, but in probably 99 percent of the loose packs I've ever bought, I haven't gotten anything remotely good.

So, pretty much, I've stopped buying loose packs (unless it's just a base set I like, like Topps) ...

(01-16-2013, 12:58 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: Prime example of the "Last Pack Rule". If you're not familiar, stalk around on the hockey board for a while ,you will see what I mean.

I've actually been on the other side of that situation a few times. I saw a guy buy a bunch of packs out of a fresh box and get nothing. I bought a few packs afterward, and pulled a patch card (ok patch, junk player). The other guy started making a scene about it!! He was grumbling that "he wasn't done buying packs out of the box yet", and I took his hit....He had walked away, but said he was just counting his money to buy more....
Lurker!! Just joshin' man. I always ask if the other guy's done, that way no worries.
Well, I don't have any stories like the OP's, but I did sort of miss out on a Luck Platinum printing plate auto. Sort of.... I just picked the wrong box of Platinum and he picked that one. I chose first and chose wrong, there were plenty of boxes to go around.
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

A couple years ago at was at a shop that I had been frequenting and there were two packs of some UD Trilogy hockey left in a box. They were like $15ish a pack and I didn't have a buncha cash so I only got one. When I got done paying, another guy got the last pack and pulled a Sidney Crosby auto from it. I have the SAME exact luck. I can honestly say I haven't pulled much of anything for a few years now.

However, I probably used up all my luck in the past....back in 2009 I bought a $20 individually packaged hobby pack of 2008 Sweet Spot baseball at Wal-Mart. If you're familiar with the stuff, each pack is in a little mini-box and there are like 5 of the mini-boxes in a full box. Each "pack" has a auto or game used card. Well in my pack I pulled a Signs of History redemption card. When I researched it, once redeemed you were guaranteed a Presidential Cut Signature card. I figured I'd get a Gerald Ford or Jimmy Carter that they made a bunch of (still a $200 card, but yea). I ended sent a Thomas Jefferson 2/2 Cut...Needless to say I sold it for $4750 on eBay....by FAR the most I've ever made on a card...so yeah my luck is probably used up anyway.