`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Don't fall for it...Michael Jordan auto...

Don't fall for it...Michael Jordan auto...
I know that most of us are smart enough not to bid on this, but maybe there are some out there. Any way...it's another way of a card dealer trying to scam money out of us! Great scans of all other cards...but nice an blurry on this!
SHAME ON YOU!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-JORDAN-M...5aecac0108

[Image: %24T2eC16ZHJIIE9qTYLSkqBQ2PwZCgW!~~60_3.JPG]
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

RE: Don't fall for it...Michael Jordan auto...
shocker...it's bigboyd. when he is not selling fake autos, he inflating bv's, or running one scam or another. and he's been accused of shill bidding for at least 8 years (i wont speak to the veracity of that last one. but i can say with certainty ALL of his lots have inflated bv's, and a ton of individual cards.)

(01-03-2013, 07:42 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: shocker...it's bigboyd. when he is not selling fake autos, he inflating bv's, or running one scam or another. and he's been accused of shill bidding for at least 8 years (i wont speak to the veracity of that last one. but i can say with certainty ALL of his lots have inflated bv's, and a ton of individual cards.)
I'd prefer not to go into details, but I recently had some suspicions about BigBoyd that I brought up to another member on here. After seeing this post, I am more confident my suspicions were warranted. Although I have done business with him numerous times and I have never had a complaint about condition/shipping or anything of that nature, and have always left him positive feedback....
Also, that auto isn't actually fake.... but the way he is advertising it is very misleading. That card only has like $6-10 Book value but has been bid up to $100 I would assume because people think it is actually Michael Jordan. However what I find to be the most odd, if you look at the bidders, the one with 104 positive feedback, in the past 30 days he has bid 81 times on 60 items.... 100% of them BigBoyds.....

(01-03-2013, 08:04 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: I'd prefer not to go into details, but I recently had some suspicions about BigBoyd that I brought up to another member on here. After seeing this post, I am more confident my suspicions were warranted. Although I have done business with him numerous times and I have never had a complaint about condition/shipping or anything of that nature, and have always left him positive feedback....
Also, that auto isn't actually fake.... but the way he is advertising it is very misleading. That card only has like $6-10 Book value but has been bid up to $100 I would assume because people think it is actually Michael Jordan. However what I find to be the most odd, if you look at the bidders, the one with 104 positive feedback, in the past 30 days he has bid 81 times on 60 items.... 100% of them BigBoyds.....
oh, i wasnt saying THIS particular one was fake, just shady as heck on how he is doing it. but he has sold many fake autos in the past

i wont even get into the whole shilling thing. i think there is enough suspicion to be wary of bidding with him, and has been for years. he has an account here i which he explains it all ad nauseum. he's full of it, but it isnt provable, and ebay isnt going to do anything about it

Don't know about the fake autos. This auto is REALLY an auto of Michael Jordan...100% legit auto!! Just not the GOAT-MJ auto...but the Penn-MJ auto. lol. No real MJ collection is complete without one! LMAO!

But I definitely agree with the shilling. There is never an auction (even common cards) that doesn't go without bids. Everything sells! (sometimes 5 or 6 times). If you have the money and willing to pay that much for a card, then the cards are great. I've bought a couple time from them with no problems (except the shilling)...but at a price I was willing to pay.

But this auction in having such a crappy photo and making people think it's the GOAT auto, then that's just poor and deceptive. $5 card bid up over $100 isnt' right.
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

kind of dumb for sage to make the michael jordan card # 23.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Is there some shady business going on in the auction, probably. Is the picture a little blurry and hard to see, yes. BUT I think this falls primarily on the bidder. If you read the description it stats that the team is PENN. Prior to bidding you should do your homework. I have found that most bidders do not read the description prior to bidding and then automatically decide they do not want the product any more (which will most likely happen in this situation) because they didnt read. So yes this is pretty shady looking but can be easily avoided if you read the description prior to bidding....

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Nick makes a very good point. It is the birders fault on this one. Speaking of Boyd, I bought a LeBron Topps rc from him that he claimed was incased an uncirculated. Once I got it I realized that the seal was opened and the card was just the normal Topps rc. I did get my money back, but he resold the card under the original description. That's knowingly deceptive.

I've done a lot of business with him without other issues though. I do agree that all of his stuff sells for more than normal. I'm not going to bash him to hard because I go into the situation knowing that I will have to over spend for his stuff. I feel bad for those that don't know what's going on and get bit though.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

I really don't see what is misleading about this auction...the scan looks pretty good to me (take it some cards don't scan well sometimes) and the description is right on...also on in the part of inflating BV, well its a good seller strategy...its up to the buyer to have the right set of tools to research items...kinda like buying a used car...before you buy it you do you research on blue book value etc...on the shill bidding...well, I have no idea since I have won many auctions from him at really decent or below BV for my National Treasures collection...I have a few sellers I follow religiously and bid on alot and also lose alot of their auctions, I hope because of that people don't think I am shill bidding for that seller, but sometimes I bid and bid and and have to stop because I have a set price on certain cards....I guess since I have never had any problems with him...I don't see anything wrong with this auction or the seller...I don't know, just thought I would comment...LOL!!!

This is just another case of an ignorant bidder and a shiller. There is nothing wrong with the way the auction was presented, especially since the seller even lists the team correctly. There were plenty of places that could have been ambiguous but the seller made sure to put the proper information. Aside from specifically writing, "This is NOT THAT Michael Jordan", what else would you like the seller to put in the auction? That being said, there is definitely some shilling going on along with an ignorant bidder. One more reason I wait until the last minute to bid on most auctions (especially those from known shillers).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/