`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
hot pack question?

hot pack question?
hi, i was wondering about hot packs and if they are legit? where do they come from? anyone have any experience with these?

RE: hot pack question?
I have purchased quite a few Threads and Prestige hot packs on ebay, and every one I have bought has had a hit, not usually a great hit but I have had some nice pulls. I have seen auctions where people were auctioning off the hot pack secret. I honestly have no idea how they know which packs have what.... just make sure if your buying them on ebay, check the sellers feedback, usually people who buy hotpacks will list their hit when they leave the seller feedback.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Extremely bad idea mentioning that you buy "hot packs" on the boards as almost all the better members consider it a form of stealing and definitely a dishonest practice...,and will put buyers/sellers on their "do not trade" with list

as most of the "hot packs" are from "pack searchers" that open the packs remove the better cards and put junkier cards in then reseal the packs, or they pack search the boxes at Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc.... by opening the packs or bending them to find the packs that have "hits" in them and then offering them for sale on ebay., basically stealing from the Kids that can only afford to buy from those places.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(12-25-2012, 10:19 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Extremely bad idea mentioning that you buy "hot packs" on the boards as almost all the better members consider it a form of stealing and definitely a dishonest practice...,and will put buyers/sellers on their "do not trade" with list

as most of the "hot packs" are from "pack searchers" that open the packs remove the better cards and put junkier cards in then reseal the packs, or they pack search the boxes at Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc.... by opening the packs or bending them to find the packs that have "hits" in them and then offering them for sale on ebay., basically stealing from the Kids that can only afford to buy from those places.
While I am not sorry I said I bought them, I did not realize the implications of a hotpack.... I saw them on ebay and was skeptical but I have pulled some decent stuff. I've only bought maybe 7 or 8... and after seeing it in that light I will not be buying anymore. But if anyone decided not trade with me over something like that, I would not be devastated. I guess what I mean is, I am not going to buy anymore only because I understand what you are saying not because I care if someone would or wouldn't trade with me.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

90% are scams. another 9% just simply hurt the hobby.

the remaining 1% is cool (those are the guys that buy boxes to build sets, and dont care about MEM cards, so they weigh the pack and sell those separately, and use the rest to build their sets)

any seller that sells hot packs and singles? scam
any seller that sells hot packs that guarantees a certain player? scam
sellers that guarantee an autograph? scam (for most products, there are a couple exceptions)
if they say it will contain EITHER a refractor/jersey/auto/numbered: it will will be the lowest common denominator

and most guys have resealed their packs, which means you get a jersey card of a scrub

and most guys, if their feedback says that they got a good hit? that is a friend leaving feedback

and even if none of the above is true, the packs have been molested in some way, many of which cause damage. if they do it at a store (if they dont buy the whole box), they are screwing with the overall odds of a box, and ths hurt the hobby

hot pack sellers are worse than the worst dutch sellers from 10 years ago

(12-26-2012, 07:32 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: 90% are scams. another 9% just simply hurt the hobby.

the remaining 1% is cool (those are the guys that buy boxes to build sets, and dont care about MEM cards, so they weigh the pack and sell those separately, and use the rest to build their sets)

any seller that sells hot packs and singles? scam
any seller that sells hot packs that guarantees a certain player? scam
sellers that guarantee an autograph? scam (for most products, there are a couple exceptions)
if they say it will contain EITHER a refractor/jersey/auto/numbered: it will will be the lowest common denominator

and most guys have resealed their packs, which means you get a jersey card of a scrub

and most guys, if their feedback says that they got a good hit? that is a friend leaving feedback

and even if none of the above is true, the packs have been molested in some way, many of which cause damage. if they do it at a store (if they dont buy the whole box), they are screwing with the overall odds of a box, and ths hurt the hobby

hot pack sellers are worse than the worst dutch sellers from 10 years ago
Id have to say that perfectly sums up "Hot Packs". There should be a reference tag for members to read that.

[Image: f0oyns.jpg]