`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Panini Redemption question - something isnt right here..

RE: Panini Redemption question - something isnt right here..
anyone?
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

Start posting about it on their twitter feed and their blog too. Hackler puts out a redemption update kind of regularly, i think those two places would get you some more action. They want to show a good ending to issues with redemption/replacement cards on the social media outlets.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Im just amazed that they can straight up lie to me for 8 months and not even take 5 minutes to look stuff up.

Im not buying the fact that this card shipped 9 months ago because every one i have found online didnt show up until november. In november 4 of them appeared on ebay alone.

Twitter - @PaniniAmerica @PaniniCSM

This is the card btw.. if any of you know somebody who has it please ask when they received the card from panini.
http://www.beckett.com/football/2011/roo...20-8224752

I have been checking on ebay and none of these started popping up until novemeber yet panini is trying to tell me that the last ones shipped out in march. Something doesnt add up and since they lied to me for 8 months im not quick to believe that they are telling me the truth now.

Having a hard time buying that cards just vanished and they didnt notice until now. I brought up the fact that some /5 variants were on ebay 6 months ago and they assured me only the /5 versions were produced and sent out.

It's hard to say with redemptions, but at times they use "unclaimed" redemption cards as replacements, especially if only a few of the redemptions were sent in. For a card as low numbered as 20 there may be only 5-10 of them claimed through the redemption process and then they think they can replace older redemptions with a nice Peterson Auto. At the National last year Panini ran the redemption replacement program and I'm sure that unclaimed redemptions were in those grab bags. In your case, it seems that they missed your claim and made only the ones they needed to fill those redeemed and used the stickers on other products to fill other Peterson redemptions. It makes me wonder about the poor guy that pulls the Calvin Johnson Auto #/5 they offered you. It is all a vicious cycle. If it were me, I would let them know that I want a Peterson Auto numbered 20-25 and am going to wait until they have one in stock. I would check Panini product checklists and let them know when another Peterson Auto comes out in a product that meets your requirements. I'm sure there is a Peterson in the 2012 Limited coming out in Late December, early January.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

OK, I have two suggestions ... one much more aggressive and risky, the other one much safer and potentially helpful but potentially disappointing.

It seems as though you've tried the conventional channels.

The first "aggressive" option:

I would try contacting Tracy directly — even on social media — and inform him that you have no other choice but to contact the Better Business Bureau.

The card companies REALLY don't like the BBB on them, especially about "redemptions" — i.e., potentially fraudulent product.

You have every right to do this ... completely epic fail on Panini's part, and don't get me started on redemptions in general.

But, the risk there is you file a report with the BBB, Panini stands its ground, sticks to its story and you get nothing — and you've pi--ed them off and the Calvin offer disappears.

"Oh, we didn't hear back from you, so we sent them all out ..."

See, that's the problem right there.

You are being offered a Calvin auto/5.

That means, if you accept it, someone else down the line who pulls the Calvin redemption a month from now is not getting their card.

What happened is, your Peterson was sent to somebody else to make up for another stupid redemption, and they just don't want to admit it.

Brady, maybe? Who knows ...

The other "safer" option, which I actually recommend ... take the Calvin, put it on the bay and buy a Peterson with the proceeds.

Now, this is just my opinion ... but unless I'm mistaken, the Peterson you're trying to get is somewhat random — i.e., it's not a RC, it's just a sweet parallel auto from a random product, correct?

So my point is, if you can get past the attachment to this particular Peterson — unless it was gift or something, or you pulled it yourself? — you would have a fair amount of other choices if you sold the Calvin.

You may even find one you like better, who knows?

Calvin will probably break the single season record for receiving yards this year — he basically has two more games to get like 180 yards — so maybe if you call back and insist Panini send it overnight mail or something, you'll have it in time to put on the bay.

They play this Saturday night so that might be a little quick, but it's possible.

They may be willing to overnight it just to get you out of their hair, who knows?

Anyway, I hope it works out for you ... I once got an Allen Iverson auto redemption in a blaster box as a gift from my grandparents — pretty much the last gift they ever sent me, and he was my favorite player at the time.

I waited about a year and a half before Topps finally sent me like eight cards "of equivalent value" (ie crap) to make up for it.

I'm a Lions fan, too ... if i had the means I would buy it from you myself so that you could get your AP.

Anyway, keep us posted, I hope you get your card.

I brought up the exact point to them that other peterson auto's are available in 2012 to which they gave me some bs response about contracts. Its been nothing but talking in circles from them.
My 7 yr old daughter actually pulled this card. Its a HUGE part of the reason i wanted it specifically.

Im going to try and deal with them directly but if this isnt resolved i would much rather take the aggersive route and end up with a crap card then take the calvin and feel like panini's whipping boy.

(12-19-2012, 02:55 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: I brought up the exact point to them that other peterson auto's are available in 2012 to which they gave me some bs response about contracts. Its been nothing but talking in circles from them.
My 7 yr old daughter actually pulled this card. Its a HUGE part of the reason i wanted it specifically.

Im going to try and deal with them directly but if this isnt resolved i would much rather take the aggersive route and end up with a crap card then take the calvin and feel like panini's whipping boy.
I see what you mean, then that's different.

OK, then I would definitely try the BBB ... especially if they have other AP autos that they could replace it with.

Man, that is irritating — just send you one from a different product and be done with it!

That doesn't even make sense ... how can they give you a card of a different player from a different product and not violate the "contracts" ... but they can't give you the same player out of a different product? WTF?

I recommend letting them know first, and giving them basically one last shot at making it right ... and keep trying to get the highest ranking person you can find to know that you're going to do it.

Something has GOT to change with redemptions ... but until all of us go on strike and refuse to buy cards, it won't happen.

Good luck, please let me know what happens. RJ

So the only update i have is that i have been trying to call them for the past 4 hours but david has been in a "meeting" this whole time. A 4...hour...meeting.

Must be a pretty important meeting, im sure he couldnt just be avoiding me.