`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Going to target after work...

Going to target after work...
I plan on spending no more than $20-$25. What should I pickup??
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

RE: Going to target after work...
(12-12-2012, 05:17 PM)jlandry287 Wrote: I plan on spending no more than $20-$25. What should I pickup??
I tend to like the Topps Update blasters ... they throw in a patch card (pretty good names this time, including Cespedes and Darvish), two packs of "red" variation cards, and the regular packs themselves are a pretty fun break with the minis, gold sparkle cards, copper cards #d to 2012, etc. ... plus the All-Star variations ... pretty good deal.

Other people will probably say Bowman Chrome, but I had terrible luck with them this year ... very best cards were two Harper RCs out of like 12 blasters. Very little color, no autos, only three cards per pack, and I kept getting the same collation over and over again.

I very much had the "wow, that's it?" feeling after busting just about all of them.

It all depends on what you like to collect. Personally I collect Hall of Fame baseball players so I would opt for the Panini Cooperstown cards, but as rjcj2017 stated the Update blasters are fun too.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(12-12-2012, 05:35 PM)zeprock Wrote: It all depends on what you like to collect. Personally I collect Hall of Fame baseball players so I would opt for the Panini Cooperstown cards, but as rjcj2017 stated the Update blasters are fun too.
I've seen loose packs of those, are they any good?

(12-12-2012, 05:40 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I've seen loose packs of those, are they any good?
If you don't mind not having MLB logos on the unis. Panini did a pretty good job cropping the photos to avoid them.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I busted two packs of the Cooperstown and not really my cup of tea. Found 2 Gypsy Queen blasters on sale resently and busted them pulled a Blue border Matt Moore RC. But I really do like the update blaster any time you can get a patch or auto even if its just for trade bait. I pull two darvish patches, miggy, and some others i cant think of

(12-12-2012, 05:53 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: I busted two packs of the Cooperstown and not really my cup of tea. Found 2 Gypsy Queen blasters on sale resently and busted them pulled a Blue border Matt Moore RC. But I really do like the update blaster any time you can get a patch or auto even if its just for trade bait. I pull two darvish patches, miggy, and some others i cant think of
If you by any chance have the Cespedes, Fielder or Pujols patches from that set I'd love to work out a trade for them. Thanks! RJ

(12-12-2012, 05:27 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I tend to like the Topps Update blasters ... they throw in a patch card (pretty good names this time, including Cespedes and Darvish), two packs of "red" variation cards, and the regular packs themselves are a pretty fun break with the minis, gold sparkle cards, copper cards #d to 2012, etc. ... plus the All-Star variations ... pretty good deal.

Other people will probably say Bowman Chrome, but I had terrible luck with them this year ... very best cards were two Harper RCs out of like 12 blasters. Very little color, no autos, only three cards per pack, and I kept getting the same collation over and over again.

I very much had the "wow, that's it?" feeling after busting just about all of them.
Yeah, my luck with pulling anything good for my PC from Bowman Chrome blasters was pretty bad this year. Same bad collation, same bad cards in multiples ... no autos, no relics, no serial # ... no nothing.

I also like the Target Topps Update blasters. Besides all the reasons you mentioned, plus they also have the Mickey Mantle Sweepstakes entry card in each box (the Wal-Mart blaster doesn't) ... FYI, The Mantle Sweepstakes is a giveaway of game used relics from when he did his Fantasy Camps in Ft. Lauderdale ... might as well try, right?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-12-2012, 05:54 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, my luck with pulling anything good for my PC from Bowman Chrome blasters was pretty bad this year. Same bad collation, same bad cards in multiples ... no autos, no relics, no serial # ... no nothing.

I also like the Target Topps Update blasters. Besides all the reasons you mentioned, plus they also have the Mickey Mantle Sweepstakes entry card in each box (the Wal-Mart blaster doesn't) ... FYI, The Mantle Sweepstakes is a giveaway of game used relics from when he did his Fantasy Camps in Ft. Lauderdale ... might as well try, right?
It's funny you mentioned the Mantle sweepstakes ... I can't find mine! No idea where it is! Isn't the deadline in January?

(12-12-2012, 05:55 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: It's funny you mentioned the Mantle sweepstakes ... I can't find mine! No idea where it is! Isn't the deadline in January?
I think Jan 31st, but I'll check when I get home ... if I didn't send them all in yet. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.