`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1933 Goudey Question

1933 Goudey Question
Does anyone know why so many of the 1933 Goudey cards have their top 2 corners cut off?

RE: 1933 Goudey Question
Can you post a scan as an example? I don't recall ever seeing any of these cards with their corners cut off unless we're thinking two totally different things.

I cant seem to get the picture to load. There is a pic of one on ebay, item number X. The seller indicates they bought the card that way and dont know why the corners have been cut.

(12-10-2012, 06:07 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Can you post a scan as an example? I don't recall ever seeing any of these cards with their corners cut off unless we're thinking two totally different things.

Attached Files
.jpg   babe ruth.jpg (Size: 2.07 KB / Downloads: 78)

(12-10-2012, 06:09 PM)odogg2110 Wrote: I cant seem to get the picture to load. There is a pic of one on ebay, item number X. The seller indicates they bought the card that way and dont know why the corners have been cut.
That looks to be just one that is in horribly awful condition. Although if I had $100 laying around I would give it serious consideration.

None of the Goudeys that I have have the corners cut off though. I take it you have seen more like this?
[Image: Boston.jpg]

(12-10-2012, 06:19 PM)wolverine74 Wrote: That looks to be just one that is in horribly awful condition. Although if I had $100 laying around I would give it serious consideration.

None of the Goudeys that I have have the corners cut off though. I take it you have seen more like this?
Yes, there always seems to be quite a few of them listed on ebay. There are also a bunch that have the top 2 corners cut off and also the bottom part that says "Big League Chewing Gum". A lot of these are professionally graded as Authentic Altered. So it would be interesting to know why people cut the corners off like that and/or cut the bottom portion off.

maybe because kids used to glue them into scrap books?
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Either what uvaspina said, or someone thought the couners were bad and thought they looked better cut off.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

hear is a copy of mine, on its way to beckett so lets see what happens with it
[Image: 001-5.jpg]
[Image: 002-1.jpg]
as far as i can see the corners are a little rounded and faded but they are not cut and mine has the big league chewing gum on the back
collecting all seattle mariners cards and chris snelling cards