`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it even worth it anymore?

RE: Is it even worth it anymore?
(12-06-2012, 06:50 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Can't see why you would put any card in bike spokes.
it made your bike sound like a motorcycle :p

I have found that I am more appreciative of the cards when I pull them. I have bought a few singles before and I always seem to forget that I have them. I traded someone once for a Jackie Robinson bat card and for the longest time I didn't even think about it when I talked about my collection. That was the last time I got a single card other than adding to my David Murphy collection.

I stopped buying boxes after ripping several this year. I buy nothing but singles now and it has made collecting more affordable with my budget.

I MIGHT break down this holiday and have a few under the tree, just to take a chance.

I saw today on the forums somebody pulled a Mike Trout auto out of a blaster... here comes the itch again
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

I learned this around 2002. :0) (getting old)
Just buy the singles that you want.
WAAAAAAYYYYYYY CHEAPER plus minus all the junk cards.
Sometimes you may even catch something under the radar on ebay and get a deal.
Boxes were never a win for me. Sad

(12-07-2012, 11:08 AM)jlandry287 Wrote: I MIGHT break down this holiday and have a few under the tree, just to take a chance.

I saw today on the forums somebody pulled a Mike Trout auto out of a blaster... here comes the itch again
come on...do you want to buy a box for 100 dollars...or find out what happens when you drop 100 on one of your favorite ebay sellers? :p

(12-06-2012, 07:46 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it made your bike sound like a motorcycle :p
I know right?!!?!
How much more awesome can it be?

Of course I was only doing it with 1986 Topps Harold Reynolds rookies or something like that, not mantle rookies so....a bit of a difference I suppose.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes