`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ebay problem..

RE: ebay problem..
(11-29-2012, 02:27 PM)jlandry287 Wrote: that's what i'm going to do, i'm just very thankful it was only a $10 card and not a super expensive one. thanks a lot for the insight!
Very bad idea, Ebay rules strictly state that the buyer MUST pay the return shipping on any item that they return for a refund, no exceptions.

Ebay, also has the "Sellers Protection" plan, that protects Sellers from Buyers that try to take advantage of sellers, like in your case....., since you have a message from the Seller stating that they would not return the merchandise, if you did not give them extra money, they are violating their agreement with ebay/paypal, Ebay will find in YOUR favor......

They do not always rule in the Favor of the Buyer like some of the other Posters claim, they rule in favor of the party that is in the right, those sellers that complain that ebay is always ruling in favor of the buyer in cases they have with paypal, are obviously, not doing something right, or are very shady sellers...

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

You should have told ebay that he was not one of the 3 who received a bonus card and that card was just padding. Then he would have no case.
PS, what an asshat. People are so pathetic to do stuff like that.

(11-29-2012, 03:18 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Very bad idea, Ebay rules strictly state that the buyer MUST pay the return shipping on any item that they return for a refund, no exceptions.

Ebay, also has the "Sellers Protection" plan, that protects Sellers from Buyers that try to take advantage of sellers, like in your case....., since you have a message from the Seller stating that they would not return the merchandise, if you did not give them extra money, they are violating their agreement with ebay/paypal, Ebay will find in YOUR favor......

They do not always rule in the Favor of the Buyer like some of the other Posters claim, they rule in favor of the party that is in the right, those sellers that complain that ebay is always ruling in favor of the buyer in cases they have with paypal, are obviously, not doing something right, or are very shady sellers...
well see ebay gave them a refund before she sent the card back, now s/he has no reason to send it back. i'd rather just be done with this person and let karma take care of them
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

I think you should open a case with the Seller Protection thing.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(11-29-2012, 05:33 PM)jlandry287 Wrote: well see ebay gave them a refund before she sent the card back, now s/he has no reason to send it back. i'd rather just be done with this person and let karma take care of them
Are you sure that they actually gave her the refund, and didn't just put it on "hold"?

What Ebay generally does, is issue the refund to the buyer/seller, then places a "hold" on those funds until they complete an investigation,

did you not receive an email from Ebay stating what the case was, and what you needed to provide to them to make a determination?

Do you still have the message where she/he/it claims that they were not returning the merchandise as they are required to do at their cost?

If you do, open a case yourself against the Buyer, they are required to return the merchandise at their exspense, refusing to do so is Theft, as well as Wire fraud, and mail fraud, unless you explicitly told the Customer to keep it....

As long as sellers continue to allow buyers to commit fraud and theft, then Ebay is not going to change their rules about "Buyer Protection" too many sellers take the " Take it as a loss, and move on" attitude is wrong, because that will continue to allow the Buyer to continue do they same thing to other sellers...
the bucket

WANTED:

And I just looked and the buyer left negative feedback... Anything I can do about that?
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

(11-30-2012, 12:46 AM)jlandry287 Wrote: And I just looked and the buyer left negative feedback... Anything I can do about that?
Make a request to Ebay to remove it, as long as you have all the messages that she sent you, especially the one about not returning the merchandise, Ebay will find in your favor

the bucket

WANTED:

Since a negative was given..I would definitely open a case and contact eBay..Sellers have some protection for sure..
I would call them and start a dialogue and keep all the correspondence..
Good Luck!!
As for the other option of just letting it go..the other poster was correct that they are taking advantage of sellers who do not want to waste their time on $10 transactions..but they are "stealing" in truth..

Go after this one since they gave a negative, refuse to return item..you will win...

I agree, bonds20001. Definitely open a case as long as you still have the messages, jlandry287.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!