`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Help identifying a Nolan Ryan and...Bugs Bunny card

RE: Help identifying a Nolan Ryan and...Bugs Bunny card
Thanks for the help everybody! I'll just file it away with my other Ryans for now...or maybe my Bugs Bunny cards? ^_^
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

(11-27-2012, 06:10 PM)englandhousehold Wrote: Definitely not from the Nationals I used to buy these packs when I was a kid from the local grocery store. They do contain cards with Reggie Jackson also like ace mentioned. It's Looney Tunes Comic Ball Series 2 cards, Beckett doesn't have them in the database though.
I never said this card was from the Nationals.

And I was the 1st to say it was from the 1991 Upper Deck Comic Ball 2 set.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Settle down. I was answering the original post after reading everyone's posts....I wasn't competing etc, trying to help the guy. I see why people are quiet now when questions are asked around here.

(11-27-2012, 07:24 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I never said this card was from the Nationals.

And I was the 1st to say it was from the 1991 Upper Deck Comic Ball 2 set.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

(11-27-2012, 07:34 PM)englandhousehold Wrote: Settle down. I was answering the original post after reading everyone's posts....I wasn't competing etc, trying to help the guy. I see why people are quiet now when questions are asked around here.
I am quite calm.

I have a bunch of those. I thought they were 1991 UD Looney Toons Baseball, but I don't think that's the right name.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Upper Deck did a Comic Ball 1 set a Comic Ball 2 set and a Comic Ball 3 set. Ryan and Jackson were featured along with the Looney Tunes characters. So were Ken Griffey Jr. and Sr. and Jim Abbott.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(11-28-2012, 08:34 AM)zeprock Wrote: Upper Deck did a Comic Ball 1 set a Comic Ball 2 set and a Comic Ball 3 set. Ryan and Jackson were featured along with the Looney Tunes characters. So were Ken Griffey Jr. and Sr. and Jim Abbott.
Nolan Ryan was in Comic Ball 2.

(11-27-2012, 03:39 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I don't know, but I think that you're wrong. I think that only the 4 promos were handed out at the National. And get this. They were handed out on the wrong days.
Sorry for causing all the confusion. They handed out promos of those cards at the National. I didn’t realize they actually produced a set as I never bought any. I was however at the National and received two or three of the promos personally. I still have them lying around somewhere, I'll try to throw up a scan.
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

(11-28-2012, 01:30 PM)Murzcoach Wrote: Sorry for causing all the confusion. They handed out promos of those cards at the National. I didn’t realize they actually produced a set as I never bought any. I was however at the National and received two or three of the promos personally. I still have them lying around somewhere, I'll try to throw up a scan.
Here's one:

[Image: 1991UpperDeck_ComicBall-Promo_3_Ryan-Spe...Graded.jpg]

Yup, thats one of the ones I have!
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**