Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bowman Chrome box value

Bowman Chrome box value
I'm getting pretty concerned.

After seeing how well 2011 Bowman Chrome did, I thought I'd try my hand at this year's edition. But the box price has dropped by a lot since I bought it at presale price.

I feel like a stock trader here, lol. Will they pick up in value, or should I dump and run? Bowman Chrome has held its value in years past, and I saw no reason not to expect it this year.

RE: Bowman Chrome box value
The boxes of anything drop as they get older. That doesn't mean the cards inside are dropping in value, too. Sellers just want to make room for new product, in this case likely Bowman Draft.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(11-26-2012, 07:16 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: The boxes of anything drop as they get older. That doesn't mean the cards inside are dropping in value, too. Sellers just want to make room for new product, in this case likely Bowman Draft.
Not really true, it's more based on how that rookie class performs over time. You might see a slight temporary bump as people move on to the next new product, but the wax's market value will rise and fall in reaction to the players performances, call-up's and hype.

To the original poster, I'd say your hold and profit chances are better on Bowman Draft than the regular version.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

I was referring to now because the players haven't proved themselves yet. I think your post pertains more to older prospecting products.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

(11-25-2012, 07:02 PM)Raysfan16 Wrote: I'm getting pretty concerned.

After seeing how well 2011 Bowman Chrome did, I thought I'd try my hand at this year's edition. But the box price has dropped by a lot since I bought it at presale price.

I feel like a stock trader here, lol. Will they pick up in value, or should I dump and run? Bowman Chrome has held its value in years past, and I saw no reason not to expect it this year.
There is one dealer that guarantees that the pre-sale price will be lower than the release price, or they'll refund the difference, but I don't think they'll do that a year later ..if I could remember I'd tell you, but they advertise in Beckett Magazine,
If that helps you for future purchases.

As far as holding or selling, who knows, but most of the rookie class introduced in Bowman Chrome may not reach their potential as players until 5-6 years into their careers. Rookie phenoms are few and far between, but I'm sure there are many who are happy today with their Miguel Cabrera rookies from 10-11 years ago.
Mitch
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I agree with you DrMitchJ. I think you are referring to Dave and Adam's Card World, but I'm not sure.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

(12-04-2012, 05:56 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: I agree with you DrMitchJ. I think you are referring to Dave and Adam's Card World, but I'm not sure.
That just might be where I saw that pre-sale guarantee! Thanks!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

You're welcome! Don't quote me on it, though, I'm not 100% sure.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

Sorry! I completely forgot about this thread!

I looked at dacardworld (that's actually where I ordered the boxes) and it says that if they lower the pre-sale prices (in other words, BEFORE release) then they will refund the difference if you ordered before the price change.

Anyways, I'm going to try to trade one for a box of Bowman Draft (admittedly i might have to cough up a few bucks to make the difference) and split the remaining Chrome with a friend.

Thanks to everyone for your insight!