`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who needs cards when you have...

Who needs cards when you have...
TWINKIES!! haha I put my card selling on hold for awhile while until the Hostess craze dies down. I picked up 17 boxes of Twinkies at the grocery store down the street for $42 and to get a feel for the pricing, I listed 3 with BINs each at $29.99... Sold em within about 10 mins. $90, $48 profit with 14 boxes left to sell. haha even if I get stuck with em, that was quickest profit Ive ever made on a thrown together listing. Time to up the price a tad since these 3 sold so fast at that price...

BTW if you guys happen to stumble apon a box of Hostess Chocodiles (chocolate covered twinkies) BUY them. They are selling for $59-$89 a box.

lol... the things people go nuts over cracks me up. If hostess does shut down, it wont last forever. They will either re-open or be bought by Lil Debbie or Nabisco...I read the company makes 2.8Billion annually, yup they must be really hurting. Remember when Fannie Mae was shutting down forever? How long did that actually last? haha
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

RE: Who needs cards when you have...
what the? im so confused, is this for real? your selling twinkies? lmao

(11-17-2012, 08:08 AM)tresise Wrote: what the? im so confused, is this for real? your selling twinkies? lmao
Yea haha people in the states are going crazy cause Hostess is shutting down monday... Pretty much every store nation wide is wiped out of Twinkies & other hostess products... Do a quick ebay search its pretty hilarous lol... Im hoping my company still has the overstock rack in the back warehouse from this mornings shipment by the time I get to work cause im going to pick up whatevers left. We sell them 2 for $5. If I can pick up 50-100 boxes ill sell em for $10 a box for a nice big profit. These people mad dashing for them will gladly pay $10 if they are already paying $30-$90 a box right now haha

It was pretty funny, I had the same reaction as you when my buddy txt me this info. I went to work, looked at our hostess display and it was completely full (around 4PM cntl time) Txtd him back & said your nuts, our display is full. Checked ebay prices and thought, hmmmm I should clear the shelf out & stash it in the back warehouse. I had to go close down our safe though and figured this only takes 10 mins Ill get em when im done. Came back and all the twinkies were gone LMAO i was like wow, you gotta be kidding me... I found a backstock tray in the back & bought em all...

Tellin ya man, if you see twinkies, buy them, you wont lose money, and if by some chance no one bids, heck you can always eat them haha who doesnt like a twinkie!

See for yourself... This is NOT my listing by the way. No way would I offer next day shipping free of charge except if it was on something like a Ryan Nugnet Hopkins cup/dominion rookie or crown silhouette haha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261128894028?ssP...1423.l2649

Holy crap! That is insane! The bids are up to $150@28 bids as of now, and that's for only three boxes! Wow! I have never had a Twinkie, and I never will. Sheesh!

Randi

what's funny to me, is that what I heard on CNBC (and I listed to it all day, every day - since I trade the market), Hostess is talking about selling the brands off - they have such a value that you can't simply let that name die. I think I read $2.8B in sales yearly - although, my recollection of that could be wrong - that could be the value of the brand - either way, that's too much money for someone (Kraft, etc) NOT to buy it. Twinkies will be back... and these people paying all this money for them now will be kicking themselves in when they see Twinkies back on the shelf at 2 for $5
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

Totally for real. Hostess says it's because of the unions, the unions say it's poor business practices. It's probably both. Hostess is liquidating and will sell off a lot of the names and recipes. Expect a bidding war between competitors for the right to use Twinkies.
Until then, buy 'em up and sell em.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Awful, but I think I may have to go into the Twinkies business.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

Jus watched 5 auctions end. Cheapest was $44, highest $81... Also a friend at work told me their was a guy waiting on the sales floor for the hostess shipment that we got in (which was a huge one) and he bought EVERYTHING. Damnit haha I shoulda woke up early and waited. This is easier money then selling Jordans or game systems!

Oh well, cant complain since I managed to get 17 boxes myself. Im thinking if I actually make $450-$500 off this madness I will use it to fullfill a dream - Buy my own box of THE CUP -- something I said Id never do with my own money haha

for me it is sad... as i feel bad for those who didnt' have a say who works for those brands

I know how it feels to be out of work and it sucks

hence why i have my hobbies, and to me it helps
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

thats insane. i dont think ive ever even tried a twinkie? guess i missed out on that one lol