`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Ebay help

OT: Ebay help
anyone know how to get the userid of a bidder to message them after an auction ended?

RE: OT: Ebay help
Are you the seller?
If its one that out bid you, you cant. Thats ebays private buyer policy
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

(11-15-2012, 06:48 PM)hongkongfooey Wrote: anyone know how to get the userid of a bidder to message them after an auction ended?
if you arent the seller, you can wait for them to leave feedback, and send a message that way

If its one that out bid you, you cant. Thats ebays private buyer policy
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

(11-15-2012, 07:04 PM)daddys lil all star Wrote: If its one that out bid you, you cant. Thats ebays private buyer policy
um, yes you can

let us say it is someone else selling it. you want to contact the high bidder, but you cant see their name, right?

but once they leave feedback - or the seller leaves feedback, you can find their name out that way, click on "contact member", click on the box that says "this isnt about an item", then send them a message

on the seller's page, it will actually say what the item is, so all you have to do is look for the item. if you look on the seller's feedback page under the "feedback left for others", you will have to click on the "view item" link until you find the right one. doing it that way, however, might allow you to contact the buyer more quickly, under the assumption that the seller wwill leave feedback before the buyer (obviously, not always true)

you are limited to 5 messages like this a day (well, every 24 hours, so if you do this 5 times at 8am, you wont be able to do it again until 8am the next day)

ive been making a living for 10 years on ebay.

awesome thanks for the help! just hope they don't think I'm a stalker now

If they read the message, they probably won't think that.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(11-15-2012, 07:28 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: um, yes you can

let us say it is someone else selling it. you want to contact the high bidder, but you cant see their name, right?

but once they leave feedback - or the seller leaves feedback, you can find their name out that way, click on "contact member", click on the box that says "this isnt about an item", then send them a message

on the seller's page, it will actually say what the item is, so all you have to do is look for the item. if you look on the seller's feedback page under the "feedback left for others", you will have to click on the "view item" link until you find the right one. doing it that way, however, might allow you to contact the buyer more quickly, under the assumption that the seller wwill leave feedback before the buyer (obviously, not always true)

you are limited to 5 messages like this a day (well, every 24 hours, so if you do this 5 times at 8am, you wont be able to do it again until 8am the next day)

ive been making a living for 10 years on ebay.
Sorry for doing this but I need to hijack this thread for a second. Since you've been living off eBay the past 10 years here's a question.

Recently sold a hard drive and the buyer hasn't paid yet (sold yesterday morning). How many days do I wait before I relist it? I sent them a message today but they didn't respond
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

You can also email the seller and ask the seller if he could do you a favor and contact the bidder. I had a seller contact me on a David Reed Black auto refractor, he messaged me that a buyer saw the auction late and needed that card...so I gave the seller my email and I ended up selling the card to that buyer.

(11-15-2012, 09:32 PM)stera8 Wrote: Sorry for doing this but I need to hijack this thread for a second. Since you've been living off eBay the past 10 years here's a question.

Recently sold a hard drive and the buyer hasn't paid yet (sold yesterday morning). How many days do I wait before I relist it? I sent them a message today but they didn't respond
after 4 days, ebay automatically opens a case (unless you changed the defaults). at that point, i send a note to the buyer, asking if they need extra time to pay, or when they anticipated they would be paying by. if they dont respond, ebay closes the case after a total of 7 days after the sale.

if they respond to your query, i usually put the dispute on hold, if necessary. i dont want to lose a sale because im impatient