`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
It's been almost a year, but I'm back!

It's been almost a year, but I'm back!
Well, I am so glad to be back on Beckett's Football Boards, I've missed this place! Just a Lil background info.on what's been going on in my life, I stopped collecting Emmitt Smith cards since Dec. of last year because of my marriage separation and we finalized our divorce as of July of this year. It's been very hard for me to keep collecting since that was something we shared as a hobby. But I am now finally getting back into collecting and trying to rekindle that passion I have for cardboard! I have since moved on, and found this amazing new girlfriend who has encouraged me to start collecting again! She supports my collecting because she sees how much joy I get out of this hobby, and I thank her so much for it! So here I am back on board and enjoying life once again!
I collect Emmitt Smith jersey and auto cards!!!

[Image: 128275960523260m.jpg]

My Lil Emmitt Smith PC - http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-899584.html

RE: It's been almost a year, but I'm back!
welcome back. might want to change your sig perhaps
(11-10-2012, 10:30 AM)sweetmfnlou22 Wrote: Well, I am so glad to be back on Beckett's Football Boards, I've missed this place! Just a Lil background info.on what's been going on in my life, I stopped collecting Emmitt Smith cards since Dec. of last year because of my marriage separation and we finalized our divorce as of July of this year. It's been very hard for me to keep collecting since that was something we shared as a hobby. But I am now finally getting back into collecting and trying to rekindle that passion I have for cardboard! I have since moved on, and found this amazing new girlfriend who has encouraged me to start collecting again! She supports my collecting because she sees how much joy I get out of this hobby, and I thank her so much for it! So here I am back on board and enjoying life once again!
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(11-10-2012, 10:32 AM)ft28jags Wrote: welcome back. might want to change your sig perhaps
Oh, yeah! LoL! Thanks for catching that, but it's been so long, how do I change that???

(11-10-2012, 10:35 AM)sweetmfnlou22 Wrote: Oh, yeah! LoL! Thanks for catching that, but it's been so long, how do I change that???
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about the divorce, but glad you have moved on and have made a return here. You can change you sig by hitting the "user control panel" near the top of the page.

(11-10-2012, 10:37 AM)ft28jags Wrote: log in, go to control panel, and should say edit signature then edit Smile
Thanks so much ft28jags, I think it's fixed now! Appreciate the help!

no worries...looks good and fixed. Is your bucket up to date as far as trading goes?
(11-10-2012, 10:44 AM)sweetmfnlou22 Wrote: Thanks so much ft28jags, I think it's fixed now! Appreciate the help!
My Flickr

(11-10-2012, 10:37 AM)nineof Wrote: Welcome back. Sorry to hear about the divorce, but glad you have moved on and have made a return here. You can change you sig by hitting the "user control panel" near the top of the page.
Thanks nineof, it's good to be back! I am so much more happier now and ready to start adding to my Lil Emmitt PC again! Thanks for the help on the sig edit info.! I think it's fixed now!
(11-10-2012, 10:45 AM)ft28jags Wrote: no worries...looks good and fixed. Is your bucket up to date as far as trading goes?
Actually no! I'll have to empty my organize and bucket and start from scratch since all my trade cards were in storage and mostly gone in a garage sale months ago! Sad
All I have now is just my Emmitt Smith PC ! I plan on going today and picking up some Topps Chrome boxes and trying my luck on those. I'll post any hits I get and add to my org for trade! Of course there won't be any scans since "she" took and sold the scanners too!

sent you a pm
My Flickr

Scanners are cheap and you can get a decent one for the price of a good blaster! ANYWAY, welcome back, glad you feel the support from the new girlie, BUT, did you explain to her how expensive this hobby is? Did you tell her you may have to give up eating for a couple of weeks so that you can afford the new Contenders or that the electric bill may have to slide because Triple Threads looks awesome this year and you could maybe get a 1/1 of the guy that was backup to the guy that was 3rd string on the Cowboys depth chart and he looks like he has potential??? Wink

Really, it's good to see you back!
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]