`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Chrome Tallboy Questions

Topps Chrome Tallboy Questions
I pulled 4 of these and they all have the topps statement of Autographs are witnessed by topps representatives. There are no autographs. Is this an error? Anyone else encountering this?
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

RE: Topps Chrome Tallboy Questions
are they Rookie players ?

Chrome has auto and non auto versions of the Rc Players where as regular topps only offered them in auto form. Maybe they were all printed like that for chrome if they used the same printing plates from regular topps and just added the chrome finish. Just the non auto versions are missing the auto.

Also should be easy to tell because the auto versions are numbered out of 15 so if it's supposed to be signed it will have the numbering on the front of the card.

yes, all 4 i pulled are rookies
(11-08-2012, 03:25 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: are they Rookie players ?

Chrome has auto and non auto versions of the Rc Players where as regular topps only offered them in auto form. Maybe they were all printed like that for chrome if they used the same printing plates from regular topps and just added the chrome finish. Just the non auto versions are missing the auto.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

Well I don't think they are "errors" per say, but they are all listed on the tall boys like that, the difference is the front, where they are supposed to be auto'd it says "topps certified autograph." But all the backs have the auto wording on them is what I'm gathering.
[Image: Z7CfI.png]
Atlanta Braves (Heyward, Beachy), Dallas Cowboys (Dez, Claiborne), Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs (AJ Green), collecting them all!

Bucket: http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...r%20Trade/

woudn't surprise me. There is a luck you know where listed. Have you opened retail and pulled one of these as well?
(11-08-2012, 03:35 PM)Magnifico21 Wrote: Well I don't think they are "errors" per say, but they are all listed on the tall boys like that, the difference is the front, where they are supposed to be auto'd it says "topps certified autograph." But all the backs have the auto wording on them is what I'm gathering.
My Flickr

I haven't yet no.
[Image: Z7CfI.png]
Atlanta Braves (Heyward, Beachy), Dallas Cowboys (Dez, Claiborne), Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs (AJ Green), collecting them all!

Bucket: http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...r%20Trade/

I think you're right and topps got lazy. I looked at the selling site and saw the regular topps and the statement is where it is on the auto'd version
(11-08-2012, 04:04 PM)Magnifico21 Wrote: I haven't yet no.
My Flickr

All 6 or 7 of mine have it on the back. Just spells of forgeries coming on later down the road lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

lol...didn't think of that, but I wouldn't be shocked
(11-08-2012, 04:15 PM)branesergen Wrote: All 6 or 7 of mine have it on the back. Just spells of forgeries coming on later down the road lol
My Flickr

(11-08-2012, 03:04 PM)ft28jags Wrote: I pulled 4 of these and they all have the topps statement of Autographs are witnessed by topps representatives. There are no autographs. Is this an error? Anyone else encountering this?
Yes, I pulled one out of a blaster box from a Walmart
Banner courtesy of Blaynero
[Image: titans.jpg]
Wants Houston Oilers, Titans, Steelers, & Nolan Ryan as well as 1960, 1971 & 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates. Looking for 2013 National Treasures NFL Shield Football Signatures #16 Justin Hunter /2