`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Star Co Cards...A question for MJ collectors and fans of 80s NBA

RE: Star Co Cards...A question for MJ collectors and fans of 80s NBA
(11-05-2012, 12:58 PM)arabiansnowgriz Wrote: This makes me think...When you send a card to be re-graded, do they take the past grade off the population report??
Great question. If they do not then the Jordan Stars are even more scarce then originally thought.

The subs on your XRC are outstanding. I saw the scan and that is a great card you have there! Great MJ collection overall.

The ebay auction for the 288 BGS 9 (1 of 1, highest graded) is really getting up there! Might need to add that one to you impressive case there!

Over $3,000 with 4 days left?! I think that's a bit high. 0_o

Miiiiiiight have to pass on that one.
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

(11-05-2012, 03:55 PM)arabiansnowgriz Wrote: Over $3,000 with 4 days left?! I think that's a bit high. 0_o

Miiiiiiight have to pass on that one.
I bet that card goes for big money. I wouldn't be surprised is it ends up north of $5k. Maybe even more at this rate.

Goes to show there is some strong demand for the Star Jordans. If you are looking for a nice 288, there are some strong 8s on ebay now that are reasonably priced. Both the 288 and the OLY are the most undervalued MJ cards IMO.

I'll share scans once mine arrive. I was hoping to scan the whole MJ PC once those get here. I don't have much but I'm slowly picking off my favorites. Love that Total D you have. Been tough finding a well centered one.

(11-05-2012, 04:07 PM)user_3n5kp Wrote: I bet that card goes for big money. I wouldn't be surprised is it ends up north of $5k. Maybe even more at this rate.

Goes to show there is some strong demand for the Star Jordans. If you are looking for a nice 288, there are some strong 8s on ebay now that are reasonably priced. Both the 288 and the OLY are the most undervalued MJ cards IMO.

I'll share scans once mine arrive. I was hoping to scan the whole MJ PC once those get here. I don't have much but I'm slowly picking off my favorites. Love that Total D you have. Been tough finding a well centered one.
Yeah for sure. I have my eye on one of those 8's right now. As long as the price stays down, I'll bite.

The Total D is a pain in the butt with Centering and edge issues. As well as one of my Fav cards of its time, that I still am looking for. The 1992 Fleer Team Leaders.

It's always great to see what other collectors are going for and have. Hope to see some pics soon.

(11-05-2012, 04:16 PM)arabiansnowgriz Wrote: Yeah for sure. I have my eye on one of those 8's right now. As long as the price stays down, I'll bite.

The Total D is a pain in the butt with Centering and edge issues. As well as one of my Fav cards of its time, that I still am looking for. The 1992 Fleer Team Leaders.

It's always great to see what other collectors are going for and have. Hope to see some pics soon.
Hunting the Team Leaders as well. I almost picked up a rack with the Team Leader showing but passed on it since I bought those Stars this weekend. Kicking myself for passing on an 8.5 with 10 centering a while back...

I have dealt with some great Star sellers in the past and have really done some HW on these. I'll keep my eyes open for ya on good 288s and OLYs. Hoping for pics to go up ASAP!

To the OP... What kinda 86 Fleer Jordan do you have? Graded or ungraded?

(11-05-2012, 04:30 PM)bengu Wrote: To the OP... What kinda 86 Fleer Jordan do you have? Graded or ungraded?
BGS 8.5. (9 cnt, 8 corners, 9 edges, 8.5 surface) I only go for graded unless self pulled from packs. Then I submit anyways.

(11-05-2012, 04:23 PM)user_3n5kp Wrote: I have dealt with some great Star sellers in the past and have really done some HW on these. I'll keep my eyes open for ya on good 288s and OLYs. Hoping for pics to go up ASAP!
I hope we don't end up having a bidding war on one of these Team Leaders! I forgot about one lastnight that sold for $60 ungraded...Looked to be about 8.5 range. Not happy I forgot!

Thanks for keeping an eye out!

(11-05-2012, 04:37 PM)arabiansnowgriz Wrote: I hope we don't end up having a bidding war on one of these Team Leaders! I forgot about one lastnight that sold for $60 ungraded...Looked to be about 8.5 range. Not happy I forgot!

Thanks for keeping an eye out!
I am in no rush on that card. Plenty of others I am looking for before that. If there is one you have your eye on just shoot me a PM and I'll happily stand down! No need to make other pay through the teeth...plenty of MJ to go around. I'm ideally looking for that in a 9 with 9.5 or better centering. Don't see it coming around anytime soon!

Released I never included the link to the Star thread on the other forum, link below. Some great points being brought up and a lot of interest in the cards especially considering that the majority of those members are vintage baseball collectors and longtime PSA guys.

Kudos to BGS for taking the time to educate their graders and authenticate these cards. Such an important era for basketball collectors and MJ collectors.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview...did=871385