`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
In Dire need of some opinions...

In Dire need of some opinions...
So after scouring these forums, I've decided that if I start a "Collection" of a certain Player I'm going to have to Narrow it down to whom I like the most.

I'm a Huge Denver fan, Also Huge Peyton manning fan, therefore the obvious choice would be Manning, considering I have a good portion of his RC's from 1998, along with tons from 99 and 00.. however, getting the higher value cards/ autos/threads is going to be a problem. Not interested in Tossing a ton of money into *though im probably going to regrettably*

Players I like: Brandon Stokely, Eric Decker, Derrick Wolfe, Peyton Manning, Terrell Davis, John Elway.

Players I show great interest in their Career: Andrew Luck, Ronnie Hillman, RG3 *as long as he doesn't get himself hurt*

Out of this list, I can Assume that Derrick wolfe is going to be the Least expensive to obtain, however he is still a rookie, and i do like him, he hasnt proven himself to me just yet.

Now on to the skinny, I have a good collection of cards all the way to the beginning of 2000. Anything after that, I don't have purely because I didn't do ANY collecting after that.

So what Idea's May i entertain?
Photobucket

RE: In Dire need of some opinions...
Whatever you decide, just make sure it's something your happy with. You might spend $100 on a bunch of lower end cards of a guy just because he's cheap but you could have had 1 nice auto of manning or somebody for the same price but liked a whole lot more. Out of the guys you said, hillman could have a bright future and is cheap. Surprisingly, Terrell Davis stuff doesn't really cost all that much either and he was a stud. Also Von miller is another awesome bronco player that doesn't cost much. But there's nothing wrong with getting a nice manning auto every now and then! It's not like its going to lose value.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(11-04-2012, 08:12 AM)nthnoak Wrote: Whatever you decide, just make sure it's something your happy with. You might spend $100 on a bunch of lower end cards of a guy just because he's cheap but you could have had 1 nice auto of manning or somebody for the same price but liked a whole lot more. Out of the guys you said, hillman could have a bright future and is cheap. Surprisingly, Terrell Davis stuff doesn't really cost all that much either and he was a stud. Also Von miller is another awesome bronco player that doesn't cost much. But there's nothing wrong with getting a nice manning auto every now and then! It's not like its going to lose value.
Thanks I appreciate the input! Your right, I would probably enjoy Manning's stuff a lot more, although. I Only want stuff of his, from the bronco's.. Sounds a bit insane right? I don't know, something about him being a bronco, just makes me like him *that* much more.
Photobucket

(11-04-2012, 08:18 AM)Nuralius Wrote: Thanks I appreciate the input! Your right, I would probably enjoy Manning's stuff a lot more, although. I Only want stuff of his, from the bronco's.. Sounds a bit insane right? I don't know, something about him being a bronco, just makes me like him *that* much more.
Chasing Manning in a Broncos uniform sounds like a great idea. It'll help keep costs down, because there is just less of that stuff.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

welcome to the boards! my opinion is, whatever makes you enjoy the hobby. you could collect manning, and have a side collection too. for example, i started with warners rookie year, but as i got down to the expensive or scarce cards i wasnt adding to my pc as often so instead of becoming bored i started a 2nd player pc and believe it or not, faulk has a lot of cheap cards out there and im having a blast collecting him but im always ready to pounce on any warner i need when i see them. look at the "how many things are you collecting now" thread and youll see that keeping the pc to 1 or 2 players or teams isnt as easy as it seems... LOL have fun. p.s. i have lots of 1990's and older stuff too, when youre ready lets trade some.
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

Honestely go with who you want to collect. It sounds like manning would be a good choice, just by what you've said so far. Manning autos won't go down in value, but they won't go up either. Decker I think maxed out a couple weeks ago, so now wouldn't be the best time to start a collection of him IMO. I really like hillman though. McGhee won't be around to much longer, since he's gone he'll be the starter. If something happens to Hillman his stuff won't be worth anything almost. But he also has the chance of doing really good, and be a top top RB in the league for the next couple years. Manning though you are guarenteed a HOF, and one of the top 5 QB's in history. Elway's are more expensive than manning in most case and you haven't really put as much interest in him it seems. Terrell Davis would also be a good one though. He's pretty cheap, and was an absolute stud. His prices won't go up or down same as manning, but you know you are getting.

Hope this helps in some way.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]