`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What would you do? Item not as described

What would you do? Item not as described
I just got this in the mail, got it on ebay and the listing described it had 3 small print spots on the card which I was fine with especially for the price...when I got it today and examined further, there are actually 4 PINHOLES in the card on either side, looks like it was stapled in to a scrap book or something. I'm pretty upset because I wanted to have it graded but now that it wont grade past good I dont know if I should return it or keep it to avoid the hassle. what would you do?
Btw the image on ebay was not this size and wouldn't supersize
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]

RE: What would you do? Item not as described
To me it depends on what you paid for it. If you paid more than 10 dollars I would ask for a refund. If the seller wanted the card sent back then I would ask that he pay for shipping.

On a side note- I recently paid 2.99/free shipping for a pc auto card /125. There was some kind of black mark and hole in the bubble mailer and the card and top loader got creased in the same spot(I now know to always write PLEASE DO NOT BEND on bubble mailers if sending out cards). I did not even inform the seller of the issue, but I was kind of bummed that I did not get this card for my pc at a great price. What made the whole situation worse was that I purchased a different 2.99 free shipping pc(duplicate) auto card from the same seller 2 days before I noticed he was selling the /125 auto card that I actually needed. I could have saved the seller a couple dollars on shipping/paypal fees and got both of the cards undamaged if I had just looked at this guys other items he had for sale before I paid for the first card!

It sounds like you're not happy with it, so send it back.

It will always bother you, so just return it for a refund and find another one from a different dealer.

(11-02-2012, 10:17 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: It sounds like you're not happy with it, so send it back.

It will always bother you, so just return it for a refund and find another one from a different dealer.
I am sending it back, I just didn't know if it was petty of me over $12 plus the cost of shipping. But you're exactly right, it will always bother me. Thanks for the input guys.

(11-02-2012, 08:47 PM)davidanthony2k Wrote: If the seller wanted the card sent back then I would ask that he pay for shipping.
You can ask but should respect the answer. If the buyer is told that eBay policy dictates that buyers pay return shipping then that should be understood and followed. It's not a situation where either the seller pays you to return it or you get your money back and get to keep it, and eBay backs the seller on this. When filing a dispute the buyer is responsible for paying to return it unless the seller's selected policy says otherwise. No return proof, no refund.

I wouldn't call it petty. Cards are about collecting what you want, so since it bothers you, it is a good call to send it back.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(11-03-2012, 09:31 AM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: You can ask but should respect the answer. If the buyer is told that eBay policy dictates that buyers pay return shipping then that should be understood and followed. It's not a situation where either the seller pays you to return it or you get your money back and get to keep it, and eBay backs the seller on this. When filing a dispute the buyer is responsible for paying to return it unless the seller's selected policy says otherwise. No return proof, no refund.
I understand 100% and somewhat agree. I would explain that the card was actually damaged when he sent it and ask the seller to reimburse shipping after he received the card. I would not ask to keep the card. If the seller refused my request, then I would pay for it myself and ding his stars a little. If I were able to determine that the card was damaged because of the post office, I would handle the situation a little differently.