Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Jordan Pickup EDIT new pics...EDIT WITH FINAL RESULT

Nice Jordan Pickup EDIT new pics...EDIT WITH FINAL RESULT
[Image: Jordan1-1.jpg]

[Image: Jordan2-1.jpg]

Thinking it might go 8...opinions? Paid 300

It is in a screw down right now, that's what the surface marks are.

There is no question as to whether it's real. My dealer was the premier dealer in the state of maine for 30 years. I run his card store now but the woman I bought if from got it from a factory set that he sold her new the same year of release. She is an attorneys wife who has a huge collection of high end stuff. I could have bought the whole set but opted to just buy the Jordan.
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

RE: Nice Mj Pickup....Grade?
You've been around more than a day so I'm sure u wouldn't spend 3 hund on a card like that without being pretty sure it's legit...BUT,

Regardless of what i think i know compared to actual facts, one will not know unless he/she is an xpert in that area. With that said,

My first concern would be whether or not if it's even real before thinking of a grade. Not saying it isn't, but that's what I would be wondering. Hard to tell from those pics. Centering all around is off, some edge wear? Hard to tell. Can't really tell if the surface is nice or not by looking at pics anyway. Send it in and c.

Bout the back?

Good luck. Hopes it is legit and gets at least what u r hoping for.

Card is legit, I run a card store and bought it from a woman who used to work at the same store. It came from a set break (hers) and I have seen the whole set, she's had it for 20+ years
Mm
(10-24-2012, 04:27 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: You've been around more than a day so I'm sure u wouldn't spend 3 hund on a card like that without being pretty sure it's legit...BUT,

Regardless of what i think i know compared to actual facts, one will not know unless he/she is an xpert in that area. With that said,

My first concern would be whether or not if it's even real before thinking of a grade. Not saying it isn't, but that's what I would be wondering. Hard to tell from those pics. Centering all around is off, some edge wear? Hard to tell. Can't really tell if the surface is nice or not by looking at pics anyway. Send it in and c.

Bout the back?

Good luck. Hopes it is legit and gets at least what u r hoping for.

do you have scans of the back, the scans you provided are not the best but i do not see the color change on the fleer logo. if legit, its hard to tell from the scans. my guess is surface 8-9, centering 8.5-9, corners 7-8, and edges 7-8. from these scans, i dont think an 8 would be a stretch, but i know cards look alot different in person sometimes.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(10-24-2012, 05:24 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: do you have scans of the back, the scans you provided are not the best but i do not see the color change on the fleer logo. if legit, its hard to tell from the scans. my guess is surface 8-9, centering 8.5-9, corners 7-8, and edges 7-8. from these scans, i dont think an 8 would be a stretch, but i know cards look alot different in person sometimes.
The color change is there, just couldn't see it in that scan. The Bulls logo has the white under the eyes etc...

RE: Nice Jordan Pickup EDIT new pics
I would say 300 well spent then. The story on the card sounds good and it doesn't look bad at all. Anything less than 7.5 and I would be pissed...lol. That's just me though.

You paid 3, I'll give u 350...your sig says u only collect Kobe, Mets and Pats...lol seriously though. I got first dibs if sellingSmile

Congrats! Very nice pickup and if the surface is free of blemishes/damage an 8 is possible.
I have a BGS 7 and the centering on yours is way better than mine.
Please keep us posted if you do send it in for grading.

(10-25-2012, 01:37 AM)sonic311 Wrote: Congrats! Very nice pickup and if the surface is free of blemishes/damage an 8 is possible.
I have a BGS 7 and the centering on yours is way better than mine.
Please keep us posted if you do send it in for grading.

I was also able to pick up the rest of the set today (minus the Jordan sticker and Ewing rc) for 100.00. Hoping to sell it all together.

Just wondering, did you take it out of the screwdown case yet? Cards usually stick to that type of case. PM me a price for the set.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Its real for sure! Nice job!! Ive been waiting for that to happen to me.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]