`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can't UD pack out older cards of theirs in new packs?

Can't UD pack out older cards of theirs in new packs?
I only say this because it could be a huge chase in boxes.

A buy back 2001 Brees SP Authentic autographed? LT?
2002 SP Auth Julius Peppers autographed....Clinton Portis, 03 - McGahee, Anquan Boldin....

Those would be awesome. I'm sure I missed one or two - but those would be awesome - true rookies, yet signed and distributed by the same company.

What say the crowd?
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

RE: Can't UD pack out older cards of theirs in new packs?
You had me at 2002 Joey Harrington buyback.

Seriously - if UD packed ou a 2001 Drew Bree's SP authentic jersey auto? Sickness. A Tomlinson? Julius Peppers?

It's overdone now (or is it) - everyone has one. So why not rerelease them - but not reproduce them? Buy backs!

No, that would be sweet ... imagine the 2000 Brady UD RC signed ... crazy.

2001 Vick, 2003 Andre Johnson, 2004 Eli/Big Ben, 2005 Rodgers, 2006?, 2007 Calvin/Peterson, 2008 Ryan, 2009 Stafford, etc. ...

Call it "Decade of Dominance" or something and guarantee X amount of buybacks per box.

Man, we should run the company!

Although, I'm assuming they haven't paid off the rest of the autos they still owe on — seriously, they owed Tony Romo like 180 grand at one point (???) — so I doubt they're in the position to pursue it, and the players are probably very dodgy about dealing with them.

I guess you could just do buyback base cards, no autos ...

(10-18-2012, 07:27 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: No, that would be sweet ... imagine the 2000 Brady UD RC signed ... crazy.

2001 Vick, 2003 Andre Johnson, 2004 Eli/Big Ben, 2005 Rodgers, 2006?, 2007 Calvin/Peterson, 2008 Ryan, 2009 Stafford, etc. ...

Call it "Decade of Dominance" or something and guarantee X amount of buybacks per box.

Man, we should run the company!

Although, I'm assuming they haven't paid off the rest of the autos they still owe on — seriously, they owed Tony Romo like 180 grand at one point (???) — so I doubt they're in the position to pursue it, and the players are probably very dodgy about dealing with them.

I guess you could just do buyback base cards, no autos ...
Sarcasm noted and not understood.
My point is clear - why can't UD buy 10 Brees RC - have him sign it - pay him his $1000 for it, and stick it in exquisite as a redemption?

I'm so surprised UD owes so much money (I've read it online as well) and they still have the likes of Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees signing on card releases for them....

And I'm no UD jockstrap.

No, I am serious ... I really like your idea. I'm not being sarcastic. I apologize if you thought I was.

(Freaking internet, you can't tell someone's tone of voice, etc. ...)

I think it would be awesome. I'd be all for it.

I seriously would love to be like a product development guy for one of these companies and be able to pitch ideas like this to someone who could make it happen.

(10-18-2012, 07:45 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: No, I am serious ... I really like your idea. I'm not being sarcastic. I apologize if you thought I was.

(Freaking internet, you can't tell someone's tone of voice, etc. ...)

I think it would be awesome. I'd be all for it.

I seriously would love to be like a product development guy for one of these companies and be able to pitch ideas like this to someone who could make it happen.
Aaarrrggghh! Internet!! Hey, sorry I got it wrong. But seriously, why not? It was awesome in 2004 when I pulled an awesome 2003 Rex Grossman auto / jersey "honor roll" card /13. (Yeah, yeah, Sexy Rexy).

It was awesome - pulled it out of 2004 Ultimate (awesome box - pulled my Roethisberger rookie auto - graded out at Bgs 9.5, but I digress)...,

But it was cool. It was a base rookie jersey, bought back and signed. I think I sold it for. Like $75 bucks back in 2005. I hate Florida Gators, but that's why I sold it (thank goodness)

Why don't/can't they do it now? Wouldn't they get the diehard NFL only collectors back if they have a chance at a sweet buy back (not counting the UD Collegiate Legend buybacks)

Probably not in the licensing to pack college cards with NFL licensed cards.

(10-18-2012, 10:40 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: Probably not in the licensing to pack college cards with NFL licensed cards.
Yeah, but look at Leaf ... they actually buy other companies' cards and sell them ... I think the licensing rules are different if it's on the secondary market first, i.e., a buyback sitaution.

I think it actually could work — look at it this way ... If Upper Deck wanted to do a product like this, but wasn't allowed to for some reason, then Leaf sure as hell shouldn't be allowed to do what it does.

I mean, they make their own cards just as fillers around the other companies' cards LOL
(10-18-2012, 09:46 PM)ugameck Wrote: Aaarrrggghh! Internet!! Hey, sorry I got it wrong. But seriously, why not? It was awesome in 2004 when I pulled an awesome 2003 Rex Grossman auto / jersey "honor roll" card /13. (Yeah, yeah, Sexy Rexy).

It was awesome - pulled it out of 2004 Ultimate (awesome box - pulled my Roethisberger rookie auto - graded out at Bgs 9.5, but I digress)...,

But it was cool. It was a base rookie jersey, bought back and signed. I think I sold it for. Like $75 bucks back in 2005. I hate Florida Gators, but that's why I sold it (thank goodness)

Why don't/can't they do it now? Wouldn't they get the diehard NFL only collectors back if they have a chance at a sweet buy back (not counting the UD Collegiate Legend buybacks)
I heard something really funny about Grossman today ... he's actually an RGIII as well (Rex Grossman III), but in DC they call him RG 3 And Out ...

Upper Deck is not allowed to place anything with an NFL Logo, Players association logo, team name, team logo's etc.... in any packs whatsoever, it has to do with their pending lawsuit (file in March 2012) with the players association, etc....

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35