`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The registry is down

RE: The registry is down
Very cool, yeah, that is quite a challenging one youve chosen! Ive been slowly but surely building my 89 UD set since last year and have 35 9.5's so far without any of my own submissions, buying and selling off Ebay. I have also been buying the raw cards and analyzing and re-analyzing them over and over building up a large submission. I have a strong suspicion that the more cards you submit the better grading curve you get. Wink I would be sitting on the top of the current registered sets in every category but size right now and once I submit I should be leader of the pack across the board. That is if I can EVER SET THE REGISTRY BACK UP AGAIN. It deleted my registry when I tried to take just one card out and even when I made a different registry for every card it blitzed them all out again! So, im done until they make it stable. It will take a while and will cost a good little fortune, but to have the only graded set 9.5 or better 1989 UD will be priceless! Smile)
Wanted: any 1989 Upper Deck cards graded 9.5 across the board or better.

(09-19-2012, 01:14 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: im sorry, but that is complete excrement, and completely untrue.
I agreed with you in a subsequent post but afraid it's not excrement anymore. I was censored in Beckett Update Comments for Customer Appreciation Month. I invited the censoring party to contact me directly, which Beckett has not done.

I know you're not responsible here, but it's more than just a shame that Beckett does not understand the deeper degrees of Customer Satisfaction and Retention, in my case those associated with Grading and the Registry. They sold me on both at an Open House a number of years ago here in Dallas, largely centered on my 1966 Topps Venezuelan pursuit. I trusted them enough to build other significant collecting goals around Beckett Grading and the Registry. They flat out don't give a crap.

Heads would roll in my industry for this type of customer disregard.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

(10-12-2012, 10:12 AM)coimbre 21 Wrote: I agreed with you in a subsequent post but afraid it's not excrement anymore. I was censored in Beckett Update Comments for Customer Appreciation Month. I invited the censoring party to contact me directly, which Beckett has not done.

I know you're not responsible here, but it's more than just a shame that Beckett does not understand the deeper degrees of Customer Satisfaction and Retention, in my case those associated with Grading and the Registry. They sold me on both at an Open House a number of years ago here in Dallas, largely centered on my 1966 Topps Venezuelan pursuit. I trusted them enough to build other significant collecting goals around Beckett Grading and the Registry. They flat out don't give a crap.

Heads would roll in my industry for this type of customer disregard.
that isnt censorship. your comments were not appropriate for that topic. you can talk all day about the subject, but it has to be in the correct area

(10-15-2012, 06:41 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: that isnt censorship. your comments were not appropriate for that topic. you can talk all day about the subject, but it has to be in the correct area
I thought it was, since the topic was customer appreciation and I'm definitely not being appreciated. Smile
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

(10-15-2012, 05:15 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: I thought it was, since the topic was customer appreciation and I'm definitely not being appreciated. Smile
obviously - and you know this - you were trolling that topic.

you can vent on the subject right here. just because one post is deleted doesnt mean you are being censored. (especially since you arent being muzzled elsewhere on the site)

You're correct and I appreciate the vibe and comments but Trolling . . . No. Reading Beckett almost daily as I do and "Customer Appreciation" striking a nerve, absolutely, about $5k spent in grading and no registry worth of nerves, not to mention numerous wasted hours on the registry that is now non-existent.

If I wanted to troll, I would be posting the same on SGC, PSA, Net54Baseball, Venezuelan Topps Baseball Card Forum, and lowly Facebook. All you will find there, are positive comments about Beckett and specifically about Beckett Grading.

This is not a sarcastic question . . . as a Beckett Moderator, do you know who is in charge of the registry or what's happening with it? I've met Mark Anderson a few times, great guy and I highly respect him. He was very kind in responding to a note a sent him in March but seemed somewhat powerless as far as the registry is concerned. Sounded then like a database rewrite issue. With no updates of any kind, though legitimately goading and even begging for over a year, frustrations, like mine, naturally boil over.

(10-19-2012, 05:21 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: You're correct and I appreciate the vibe and comments but Trolling . . . No. Reading Beckett almost daily as I do and "Customer Appreciation" striking a nerve, absolutely, about $5k spent in grading and no registry worth of nerves, not to mention numerous wasted hours on the registry that is now non-existent.

If I wanted to troll, I would be posting the same on SGC, PSA, Net54Baseball, Venezuelan Topps Baseball Card Forum, and lowly Facebook. All you will find there, are positive comments about Beckett and specifically about Beckett Grading.

This is not a sarcastic question . . . as a Beckett Moderator, do you know who is in charge of the registry or what's happening with it? I've met Mark Anderson a few times, great guy and I highly respect him. He was very kind in responding to a note a sent him in March but seemed somewhat powerless as far as the registry is concerned. Sounded then like a database rewrite issue. With no updates of any kind, though legitimately goading and even begging for over a year, frustrations, like mine, naturally boil over.
1. you dont have to go all over the place to be trollin'. that thread wasnt meant for that kind of comment...come on, you know that. it just wasnt appropriate.

2. im not a mod.

3. mods dont work for beckett, they arent paid (i think they are given an opg subscription, but that's a pittance, really)

4. mods dont know any inside info, unless they are given it by beckett staff. that usually does not happen

5. so therefore, mods arent going to know tech details, deadlines and such

6. after reading what the it staff hasnt written in the pastt year, the dev and gui guys, and after some conversations ive had with beckett folk, i believe that the entire website is being redone. i also believe they are understaffed, and are suffering from moving goalposts.

actually, ill just copy what i said in the "when is the matchmaker feature going to happen" post:

they recognized they had serious issues with how their databases interacted, and how search worked (org versus opg). i think - even though there has been no word on this, and im only going by what ive read on the boards and been told by pm by folks at beckett - there is a full effort to re-develop the site entirely. after talking to dev folks and gui guy, i think it is the only conclusion that makes sense

also:

i think they are probably understaffed, and are having to deal with moving goalposts. because it takes so long, new ideas are throw in, and then everything has to be done over again, and rinse, repeat

ive been in these kind of situations, and everyone gets screwed in them, from management, it folk, and customer

I can fully understand there being technical issues and the site being re-done and whatnot. What is NOT understandable is there being absolutely no notification, bulletin, posting...ANYTHING from Beckett themselves explaining these issues. That is why the people are so upset and leaving in drones to other grading companies. If beckett were to just do ONE SINGLE POST EXPLAINING WHAT THE PROBLEMS ARE STATING THAT THEY ARE BEING WORKED ON AND A VERY BASIC TIMELINE OF WHEN THEY WILL BE FIXED, then you wouldnt have so many upset people. Its as simple as that really, SIMPLE.
Wanted: any 1989 Upper Deck cards graded 9.5 across the board or better.