`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packaging @$&!^&)#$@

Packaging @$&!^&)#$@
Recieved an auto today in the mail that I bought off peebay. Card was in a large envelope. Card was in a jersey thick top load and not sleeved. A piece of cardboard was taped around the top load, not over the top. Double sided tape was used to tape over the top. No team bag used either. The tape was not tight to protect the card from moving. Emailed the seller with the condition of the card because of the poor packaging, I couldn't get tape residue off the top of the card. I didn't try real hard at all so I wouldn't ruin the card anymore than it was. The seller's response was I got the auto for a song and I should be happy to get the auto so cheap. I emailed back, if you wanted more for the auto, you should have asked for more. Just because I got the auto cheap was no reason for your poor packaging. Of course I was pissed and explained to him what his packaging was. A lessoned learned about this seller. The value of the card and the shipping cost were not all that important to me. It was the auto I wanted. This guy is a real piece of dung.
At 66, still learning.

RE: Packaging @$&!^&)#$@
Ding him stars and feedback. Notify ebay that card was not as described. Ebay protects buyer a lot more than sellers..
Just because he says you should be happy with the deal does not mean you are and should not stand for it.
Damage occurred due to shipping method is all ebay needs to know

(10-12-2012, 12:39 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Ding him stars and feedback. Notify ebay that card was not as described. Ebay protects buyer a lot more than sellers..
Just because he says you should be happy with the deal does not mean you are and should not stand for it.
Damage occurred due to shipping method is all ebay needs to know
+1
Also, please feel free to share the sellers userID with us so we can avoid them.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

I had a similar experience recently. My card (paid $20 + $2 s/h) arrived packaged in a used Pokémon starter deck box that was wrapped in thin brown paper. Inside the box the card was wrapped and taped with what I can only describe as the kind of plastic packaging that action figures come in. It looked like the guy cut out a piece of plastic with scissors and wrapped it around the card, and then taped it lol. The top and bottom of the card were exposed (no plastic) and because the Pokémon box was barley larger than the card itself it was bent in transit leaving a crease. Because it was a thick jersey card you could now see the layers of the card separating slightly on the bent side.

I messaged the guy telling him that it was the worst packaging I had ever seen. He replied back to me saying that he ALWAYS packages his cards this way and this was the first ever complaint about packaging he had received. I replied to him asking why no top loader or bubble mailer? He only replied to me that he avoids bubble mailers because postal workers "do their best to fold envelopes". He then asked for a picture of the damage, stating that when he received it he would assess what to do. At this point I knew I was in for a fight that I didn’t want to deal with, plus I still wanted the card even though it was damaged. I ended up just leaving it be and gave him no feedback. I know, I know, I should have followed up and had the situation rectified but it was the end of a long work week and I just didn’t want to deal with it.

Semi good news, got another email from seller apologizing for his attitude. he said he would give full refund and I could keep the auto. He said he had a bad week at work. He also asked to give him positive feeback. I told him to give me an address and I would send card back to him and not leave any feedback at all. He has given me full refund and no address. I guess that I pushed on this deal. He had a 99% plus rating and only 1 negitive in the last year out of 231 sales. I will give him benefit of the doubt now. I will keep an eye on him and if he mucks up, I will let everyone here know his handle on the peebay.

Sorry to hear that, I got two cards in a basic envelope. Guess what no protection at all. Luckly they wasn't damaged. Bad thing is I got two more cards coming from him.
[Image: RrDSQvU.png]

(10-12-2012, 02:26 PM)skywalkb Wrote: Semi good news, got another email from seller apologizing for his attitude. he said he would give full refund and I could keep the auto. He said he had a bad week at work. He also asked to give him positive feeback. I told him to give me an address and I would send card back to him and not leave any feedback at all. He has given me full refund and no address. I guess that I pushed on this deal. He had a 99% plus rating and only 1 negitive in the last year out of 231 sales. I will give him benefit of the doubt now. I will keep an eye on him and if he mucks up, I will let everyone here know his handle on the peebay.
That is a good thing. I hate when sellers package badly. I've just switched to Beckett Marketplace, COMC, my local card shop, and Dave and Adam's. I want my card shipped in a penny sleeve of the right size, a toploader of the right size, no tape on top, then in a bubble mailer. Call me neurotic, but...
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(10-12-2012, 08:09 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: That is a good thing. I hate when sellers package badly. I've just switched to Beckett Marketplace, COMC, my local card shop, and Dave and Adam's. I want my card shipped in a penny sleeve of the right size, a toploader of the right size, no tape on top, then in a bubble mailer. Call me neurotic, but...
Amen, even if you are a yankee fan.I still die with the Browns and Indians. No hope there.

(10-12-2012, 08:09 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: That is a good thing. I hate when sellers package badly. I've just switched to Beckett Marketplace, COMC, my local card shop, and Dave and Adam's. I want my card shipped in a penny sleeve of the right size, a toploader of the right size, no tape on top, then in a bubble mailer. Call me neurotic, but...
The only tape i find acceptable is the 3m white delicate #2070. It doesn't do any damage to a card & will stick to the toploader. I never tape over any toploaders but if i had to, thats the only tape i'd even consider.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(10-12-2012, 10:22 PM)krn001 Wrote: The only tape i find acceptable is the 3m white delicate #2070. It doesn't do any damage to a card & will stick to the toploader. I never tape over any toploaders but if i had to, thats the only tape i'd even consider.
Yeah, same here. I just say no tape whatsoever so that sellers don't put Scotch tape on top.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!