`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More annoying ebay listings hockey/irbe related, non card related

RE: More annoying ebay listings hockey/irbe related, non card related
(10-09-2012, 04:15 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: I am going to play both sides here.

Maybe the seller was scammed when he bought and never knew it was not an Irbe item.

But then he should have still verified it before he tried selling it.
I can see that but, honestly, at that point he should be verifying it. Maybe I was a little quick and when he started getting messaged about it took it down not because he was caught, but because he just learned he got scammed a few years ago.

That said, my guess is still that he knew exactly what he had and tried to make a quick buck.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

No the guy wasnt scammed, if you click the 2nd link of my OP its the link to the listing when HE purchased the glove in mid sept. The original listing from original seller states what it is, a used Koho Revolution Sharks glove, that sold for $13... This guys wins it, then not even a month later lists it as an Irbe game used glove and comes up with the story how Irbe used it for 15 games and lists it with a BIN of $150... He's prob kickin himself for turnin down my $40 offer, woulda made himself a nice lil profit haha
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

Issues like this one are the reason why we all have to be careful when buying things online. It's rough to see a guy like this putting false statements on something worthless, just to try and garner a few bucks. I personally think that Scott was right for pointing it out, and Chris for joining him in bringing this guy to the ground. I do really wish that things like this would stop. Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi

If we do not put some mild effort into policing ourselves and our hobby, who will? Lots of us have gotten scammed over the years, especially when we first started collecting. If we can prevent that from happening to another person (e.g., some kid mowing lawns and shoveling driveways to buy some memorabilia from his or her favorite sports star), I say a little effort is worth it. Thanks for outing this one, guys.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

If a new collector gets scammed, it might push him away completely. And that's one less person poor me gets to trade with. And that's not cool man, Not cool.

I'm glad there's people out there looking out for other people. When i first found a pair of manon's clothes, I was like, no way. but than i called her and shes like, yeah those are mine and im like. yes. But what if they weren't her's? I would have wasted my money and probably felt silly for buying them and probably never even gotten into the hobby.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

(10-11-2012, 03:09 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: If a new collector gets scammed, it might push him away completely. And that's one less person poor me gets to trade with. And that's not cool man, Not cool.

I'm glad there's people out there looking out for other people. When i first found a pair of manon's clothes, I was like, no way. but than i called her and shes like, yeah those are mine and im like. yes. But what if they weren't her's? I would have wasted my money and probably felt silly for buying them and probably never even gotten into the hobby.
You have Manons phone number?? haha hook it up I need some goalie lessons

A stalker must never tell his secrets.

(10-11-2012, 03:48 PM)irbecards32 Wrote: You have Manons phone number?? haha hook it up I need some goalie lessons
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

(10-11-2012, 04:31 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: A stalker must never tell his secrets.
o.O Should we be... worried? Are you restricted from using anything sharper than dish soap? Have you had a computer or phone taken away from you by the authorities in the past few years? Are you one of those little red dots on sexoffenders.com? Did they have to feed you chemicals to "calm your urge?"

Just curious.

Randi

(10-11-2012, 04:31 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: A stalker must never tell his secrets.
hahahaha nice... Makes me wonder what type of "clothes" these are now lol

Is it just a fan thing, or do they fit?
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com