`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I want to say thank you

I want to say thank you
I am new here but not new to Forum groups. I also made a recent purchase which was my main reason to join but since joining I have expored the site and found the forum but was a bit nervous about how stuff works. I only joined less than aweek ago or maybe longer not really sure but other members have made me more comfortable

So I just want to say thank you

RE: I want to say thank you
Welcome to the boards. The long time Beckett community is a tight band of great traders. It is great seeing some NEW members coming to the site. If you have any questions about the site or the organizer do not be afraid to asked. There are lots of us willing to help you out.

Chris
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

When I joined up a few years ago, I was really nervous about it too. I signed up on another site and never did a thing there. I signed up here and found the most helpful group of people around. Now, the faces and names have changed, but the overall attitude here hasn't. Anytime you need help, just post. Someone will come along and point you in the right direction.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

welcome, it's great seeing a new member! there are plenty of great members here to help along the way and answer any questions you may have. this is a great group to be associated with!
[Image: flyerssig.jpg]

Welcome to the boards! There are many a great member here in the Beckett Community that will do more than one would think to help out. If there is ever anything that I can do, or anyone else for that matter (as you can see from the above posts), just ask! Best wishes to you and we all look forward to seeing your contributions.

Randi

wow ok so now I fell even more welcome here Thank You

So what other free things can I do that do not require paying for the membership thing I believe that just the price guide? what are some parts of the site I should take a look at?

and I hope I dont sound cheap asking about free things?

There is nothing cheap about asking for the free stuff. Unfortunately there is not too much more you can do. You should know to keep your Organize well below the 100 card maximum, as it will lock you out as soon as you hit that 100 card mark. Make sure that if you trade cards away, to remove them from you Org. fast or they will build up. This includes emptying the Trash whenever you put something in there. I have seen too many people neglect to do this and end up losing out.

Personally (I am a paid member) if I was in your situation I would keep the cards to around 60-70 to give myself maximum room to play with. This enables you to make some decent sized trades without clogging you Org. Also, you should keep your PC cards out of your Org. if you are not paid. This will ensure that a good chunk of your traders are in there at all times.

Player card searches are also free! You can see how many cards a player has, what types, what years, etc. There is no way to see who has your wants en-mass yet, but they are working on it. Should there be a few select cards that you are looking for, just click on the cards' description and scroll down until you see the Want and and Have To Trade sections. The members listed there will have what you are looking for available to trade. One thing that you should be aware of is inactive members. The profiles are still around, but they are not. Check the last login date to see how long it has been since they have been on the site.

Finally the Trade Tool. It is a free feature and you can use it at any time. It is the only way to trade here on Beckett.com, so take advantage of it. Find someone that has something that you like and start a trade with them. Keep in mind that most people will ask you to send first until your trade feedback is above 20 positive. It's an unwritten rule, but some do use it.

Here are a few links that detail the site. It's a load to read, but very detailed.

Terms Of Service THE most important thread on the site. If you have any questions on conduct, please read here first.
Member Submitted Threads I love this idea and would like to see it done for the Hockey Boards!
Tutorial On Leaving Feedback!!! In my opinion, this should be stickied at the top of EVERY Forum and Sub-Forum!
Newcomers Leaving Feedback How to leave feedback properly, and the list of people who have accidental negatives to their name.
Looking For These Member The list of people who are banned; the bad traders and the people they owe.
Good Traders List The list of good traders on the Football Forums... this should be done in all forums, in my opinion.
A Note On Signatures This explains the etiquette for creating a signature.
Please Read Before Posting Feedback. IMPORTANT Another thread detailing how to post proper feedback and the members who have been left accidental negative feedback.
Randi's Handy Hints The original that I posted to the Hockey Boards, and all of you helped write!

Help Forum If all else fails, here is where you may find your answers!

Hope that this is not too much for you. Haha! Best wishes!

Randi

(10-11-2012, 12:40 AM)canadiancatgreen Wrote: wow ok so now I fell even more welcome here Thank You

So what other free things can I do that do not require paying for the membership thing I believe that just the price guide? what are some parts of the site I should take a look at?

and I hope I dont sound cheap asking about free things?

Listen, A piece of advice if you're ever in the slammer. Pick the meanest, toughest, roughest looking dude, go up to him out of the blue and just shank him. Let people know you're serious. Let out a roar or something manly. Then people won't mess with you and they'll respect you. Trust me.

But anyway, if you ever feel like you're posting something dumb or nervous if we'll laugh at you, we won't. There's a few of us that post a lot of dumb stuff and the board just seems to answer it and move on. They don't make me feel like i'm in high school again at all. So that's always good.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

I might laugh at you, but no one else pays any attention to me, so I wouldn't worry about it.

And actually, that wasn't the greatest advice for prison. The proper move is to wait until you're being taken to your cell and, when other prisoners can see you, tell the cop quietly that you're sorry and punch, hit, kick him. Anything as long as you land a blow. You'll get beat pretty badly, but your first month will be in the infirmary. After that, you'll be the dude who hit a guard and no one will mess with you. Remember, the guards have rules against killing you, the biggest, meanest convict does not.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Man, You've got it all wrong. You have to bribe and become friends with the guards. They'll protect your ***** when the big dawgs come crawling. Maybe those are the ways in county lockup...oh wait. your canadian. You guys don't even have jail. Just a slap on the wrist eh, and a promise note not to do it again.
Wink

(10-11-2012, 04:10 PM)wickabee Wrote: I might laugh at you, but no one else pays any attention to me, so I wouldn't worry about it.

And actually, that wasn't the greatest advice for prison. The proper move is to wait until you're being taken to your cell and, when other prisoners can see you, tell the cop quietly that you're sorry and punch, hit, kick him. Anything as long as you land a blow. You'll get beat pretty badly, but your first month will be in the infirmary. After that, you'll be the dude who hit a guard and no one will mess with you. Remember, the guards have rules against killing you, the biggest, meanest convict does not.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches