`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card Packaging Etiquette

RE: Card Packaging Etiquette
Are there top loaders sized for cards with thick stock like 2012 Topps Tier One? I'd rather a card like that not be put in a top loader than crammed into a top loader that is too small.

Also, I think this was stated and not understood in a previous post, but you can tape non-sticky material over the opening of the top loader so the card will not get sticky residue on it if it were to move around during shipping.

Thanks

(10-01-2012, 03:40 PM)alexs64 Wrote: JUDA!!!! I used everything but the tape. With a team bag, I don't see the use for tape.
Hey Alex!!!!!
Shoot me a friend request again for XBL doggie!!!

(10-01-2012, 08:27 PM)tim885 Wrote: Are there top loaders sized for cards with thick stock like 2012 Topps Tier One? I'd rather a card like that not be put in a top loader than crammed into a top loader that is too small.

Also, I think this was stated and not understood in a previous post, but you can tape non-sticky material over the opening of the top loader so the card will not get sticky residue on it if it were to move around during shipping.

Thanks
There are top loaders for almost every size..I have them up to 180 pt..
You can find them under supplies from most online stores like DACARDS or Blowout..maybe your LCS has them too..

Just found out that "shipping costs" are to blame for poor packaging on one of my recent trades.[Image: smiley-signs103.gif]

(10-03-2012, 05:49 AM)juda7 Wrote: Just found out that "shipping costs" are to blame for poor packaging on one of my recent trades.
Then they shouldn't be trading. Though, and this is an assumption, I'm sure they have available money to go out and purchase new cards.

(10-02-2012, 04:31 AM)juda7 Wrote: Hey Alex!!!!!
Shoot me a friend request again for XBL doggie!!!
hit me up on there.. tazmexicandevil

For me, I want the card in a penny sleeve, then the CORRECT SIZE toploader, no tape on top, then in a team bag, then in a bubble mailer. Call me neurotic, but...
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(10-03-2012, 06:59 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: For me, I want the card in a penny sleeve, then the CORRECT SIZE toploader, no tape on top, then in a team bag, then in a bubble mailer. Call me neurotic, but...
X100

(10-03-2012, 05:20 PM)alexs64 Wrote: hit me up on there.. tazmexicandevil
Done!!!!!!!

Juda7 what you show and describe as the proper process for packaging and mailing cards IS the only proper way. I do exactly the same. And yes, I hate people who tape the toploader. It ruins the top loader and I just end up throwing it away and having to put the card in a new one I purchased. Place the top loader in a team bag and it provides a professional and usable top loader. And those that wrap cards in random packaging and tape...well..enough said. I charge shipping for the actual cost of shipping/packaging you get approximately $2.25 postage, penny sleeve, toploader, team bag, bubble envelople. Others charge $3.00 and wrap your card in randum stuf, cram it in a white envelope and pocket the extra money...ugh!

I am a bit new to sending cards through the mail, but this is my process...

card...penny sleeve...top loader...Piece of printer paper wrapped TIGHTLY around the top loader and I tape the PAPER, then bubble mailer. After reading this I might add a team bag between the bubble mailer. Granted, this is for 1-4 cards and valued at $1-$25...anything valued at $50+ and I am tempted to use a priority mail flat rate small box outside of the bubble mailer...it WILL fit!

I would MUCH rather spend $3.50 extra on getting my $100 card safely to my house than buying a pack of Topps Platinum at Walmart. But hey, that's just me!!!
FB PC: Priest Holmes, Tony Gonzalez, Derrick Thomas, Chiefs
BB PC: Whit Merrifield, Salvador Perez, George Brett, Royals