`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown

RE: Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown
(10-02-2012, 08:18 PM)tntmclmm Wrote: I think Trout is the real deal but I also see it as the direction that the future of baseball is going. You've got 13 year olds playing 100 plus games a year and playing like machines. By the time they get into high school the cream is at the top and damn near ready for the majors after a little more polish. I also feel that Harper's ceiling is a little higher Trout's but we'll see about that next year. What he has done at 19 is amazing.
Trout and Harper remind me of Ovechkin and Crosby back in 05-06 hockey ... Ovechkin (Trout) was the better player at that exact point in time, but Crosby (Harper) would eventually become the game's best player.

Just looked at cabrera's stats. He has over 10 more home runs ...much more RBIs and a lower batting average than last year.... He also has 40 less walks this year!

Think about why this year is so different!

PRINCE FIELDER BATS RIGHT AFTER HIM...cannot afford to walk Miggy this year.

Hey I say Prince is the MVP haha Wink
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

(10-02-2012, 10:55 PM)stera8 Wrote: Just looked at cabrera's stats. He has over 10 more home runs ...much more RBIs and a lower batting average than last year.... He also has 40 less walks this year!

Yep, individual awards are born out of team success ... unless you're Andre Dawson in 1987 ... LOL

Lots more HRs and lots more RBI? It ain't Fielder.

(10-02-2012, 10:55 PM)stera8 Wrote: Just looked at cabrera's stats. He has over 10 more home runs ...much more RBIs and a lower batting average than last year.... He also has 40 less walks this year!

I think he locked up the triple crown today
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(10-02-2012, 11:37 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: I think he locked up the triple crown today
Yea, they sat him midway through the game to keep his average high enough to win. He already has HRs and RBIs locked up. It was only a matter of average and with him out of half of today's game and already talk of him going to sit tomorrow, it won't go down.

Hr's aren't locked up quit yet.

Don't forget that when Ted Williams won the Triple Crown in 1942 and 1947, he didn't win the MVP.

I think Cabrera is a great player, but to me Trout is hands down the MVP. With the likes of Prince Fielder and Justin Verlander having great years, is Cabrera really even the MVP of the Tigers? I mean they are talking about Verlander winning the Cy Young again. Trout may not have the homeruns and RBI's (he is a lead-off hitter after all), but his defense is far superior to Cabrera, his WAR is off the charts, he threatens pitchers and gets them out of their rhythm every time he is on base due to his steals, and Cabrera also leads the majors in 28 double plays grounded into.

(10-03-2012, 06:05 AM)fulltritty Wrote: Don't forget that when Ted Williams won the Triple Crown in 1942 and 1947, he didn't win the MVP.

I think Cabrera is a great player, but to me Trout is hands down the MVP. With the likes of Prince Fielder and Justin Verlander having great years, is Cabrera really even the MVP of the Tigers? I mean they are talking about Verlander winning the Cy Young again. Trout may not have the homeruns and RBI's (he is a lead-off hitter after all), but his defense is far superior to Cabrera, his WAR is off the charts, he threatens pitchers and gets them out of their rhythm every time he is on base due to his steals, and Cabrera also leads the majors in 28 double plays grounded into.
Verlander is far from being the pitcher he was last year, there is no way he gets the Cy and Fielder is batting over .300 for the first time in his career because of Miggy. Without Miggy the Tiger's are not even close to being the same team. He is without a doubt the MVP. Your little fish will get the ROY.

Come on Hambone, I need you to have another 4 HR game!! You got just one more chance!!
(10-02-2012, 11:34 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Lots more HRs and lots more RBI? It ain't Fielder.
Maybe it's the juice!!
(10-03-2012, 05:51 AM)tntmclmm Wrote: Hr's aren't locked up quit yet.
Not only that, but HR's aren't quite locked up yet either.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!