`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The registry is down

RE: The registry is down
(09-14-2012, 11:46 AM)lane2800 Wrote: the problem is they continue to delete and block posters who speak their mind too much.
im sorry, but that is complete excrement, and completely untrue.

I have to agree w Jacoby. I've been very vocal and critical about the registry on a consistent basis and I've never been censored.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

My position is if we can't register the cards we have graded then why grade at all??

I totally agree but apparently Beckett either doesn't care or doesn't get that point.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

I wouldnt go so far as to say the only reason we grade our cards is for registry purposes. The registry is really just an added bonus for me. But, it is something I definitely desire to have as it compliments and adds to my joy of collecting.
Wanted: any 1989 Upper Deck cards graded 9.5 across the board or better.

(09-23-2012, 10:05 PM)cardariffic Wrote: I wouldnt go so far as to say the only reason we grade our cards is for registry purposes. The registry is really just an added bonus for me. But, it is something I definitely desire to have as it compliments and adds to my joy of collecting.
Well said.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(09-23-2012, 10:05 PM)cardariffic Wrote: I wouldnt go so far as to say the only reason we grade our cards is for registry purposes. The registry is really just an added bonus for me. But, it is something I definitely desire to have as it compliments and adds to my joy of collecting.
Agreed!
[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector

I agree and I certainly grade for reasons outside the registry.

In the case of my 1966 Topps Venezuelan set though, the registry is THE reason I set out to complete a graded set, since only two sets exist in the graded card universe (both PSA).

I'm about 84 complete, with about 40 PSA crossovers and 50 more raw cards waiting for BVG. At this point, I'm not even confident that there ever will be a registry again.

(09-24-2012, 02:42 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: I agree and I certainly grade for reasons outside the registry.

In the case of my 1966 Topps Venezuelan set though, the registry is THE reason I set out to complete a graded set, since only two sets exist in the graded card universe (both PSA).

I'm about 84 complete, with about 40 PSA crossovers and 50 more raw cards waiting for BVG. At this point, I'm not even confident that there ever will be a registry again.
WOW, thats quite an UNUSUAL goal! Smile Why that set in particular?
Wanted: any 1989 Upper Deck cards graded 9.5 across the board or better.

(09-26-2012, 09:17 PM)cardariffic Wrote: WOW, thats quite an UNUSUAL goal! Smile Why that set in particular?
It was combination of things . . . I noticed Topps Venezuelans were very hard to find in good condition when I bought my first one about 8 years ago on ebay, from a dealer in Venezuela, a 1966 Ray Barker that wound up grading a BVG 7.5, putting it in the upper 3% of ALL graded 66 VZs among all grading companies.

Then I noticed, there was only one registered set in PSA and none in BVG and SGC at the time. I figured it would be a good challenge and good alternative to the regular US 1966 set. I know you appreciate the challenge aspect since you're a building 9.5+ only set. How far do you have to go?

I also lived in Venezuela for a year as a kid, so there was some small connection there too.