`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never Seen 1958 Topps Error card! HELP!

Never Seen 1958 Topps Error card! HELP!
I came across this card in a collection I recently purchased. I can't find any information on it anywhere. Several 1958 Topps set collectors have told me that they have never seen one either. Since the Herrera Error card brings big bucks, I was thinking maybe this one has a chanve to do the same. Any info/help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your help!!
[Image: rj1.jpg]
[Image: rj2.jpg]

RE: Never Seen 1958 Topps Error card! HELP!
I think you just have a card that missed part of the ink process.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(07-26-2012, 09:14 PM)beatles guy Wrote: I think you just have a card that missed part of the ink process.
I understand that. But the Herrera Error sells for a ton and it is a simple printing defect(part of the "A" is missing in Herrera). The master set checklists I have seen for 1958 Topps lists margin variations too. Which is a printing error where the sheets weren't lined up properly when they were printed. Plus I would imagine we would have seen other cards missing the red ink if an entire sheet was printed without it. This is the only one of any player I can find missing the red ink. This thing is driving me nuts.

Im not familiar with the herrera but like beatles guy said, it looks like a misprint...... Anyhow, its only worth what somebody is willing to pay Wink
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(07-26-2012, 11:45 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Im not familiar with the herrera but like beatles guy said, it looks like a misprint...... Anyhow, its only worth what somebody is willing to pay Wink
The Herrera error card has the slightest bit of the "A" missing on the front of the card. Here is a pic [Image: %24T2eC16d,!zcE9s4g3hwjBQ!TfqH(Mw~~60_57.JPG]

This very slight printing error makes a $1.00 a $1000.00 card.
Anyhow, I put it up on auction so I guess we will see what it is worth.

I'm only a few cards away from the set, and I've never seen anything like it either. I just checked your auction and it looks like you've got some early action on it, too. How did you come across this card?
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

There are a few sites I check when accounting for errors, and this Randy Jackson is not noted on any of them. Now, if you can get someone to pay a premium for it anyway, that never hurts.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

here it is: http://www.baseball-cards.com/vintage-to...kson.shtml
It is #301 from 1958 topps.
Look at their price for comparisons.
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

I thought the A was totally missing on the Herrera error card.
Also why didn't PSA mark it as an error?

Right...it should've been marked an error. Why would it be listed at "herrer?"
http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/dayton310/

DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2 DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2
R.O.A. (DO NOT TRADE) THE GREAT 48