`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ads on jerseys

ads on jerseys
I heard the jerseys may start to have advertising on them the other day. Can you imagine the patches we would get from this?! This could be great for us. At least im excited. I think different company logos will get more than others creating another aspect to our collecting. Of course we may see a mass production problem. But i think the more colors on patches is going to be really cool. What yall think?
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

RE: ads on jerseys
For the league its to generate more revenue ie jersey sales etc. Card wise yeah more 1/1 patch variations and/or overproduction. More colors I think will be cool also nice to get a part logo of your favorite ice cream, camera, etc. I think overall it will be a good thing but then also bad due to more issues of future fakes/advent of over saturating market with more but different stuff.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

I absolutely hate the idea of pulling a walmart logoman or something similar. For me it's not completely the same as the Nike or Adidas logo pieces which are an integral part of a jersey of a player. That sponsor's patch... I don't know. A card should be about a player (or team), not have some corporate logo on it.

I don't like it, but I understand it. International game and all, and basically every other league has huge logos on them. The NBA will likely have smallish patches. It'll be interesting to see if they get blocked out on pictures on cards.

Sidenote: did you guys see Panini was advertising on the sideline boards during the summer league games? So weird. I doubt anyone knew what Panini did other than people already in the hobby.

I'm not fond of the idea, though I've understood why and what some of the sport media has been saying about it. I just hope they keep it consistent to a point. Meaning, one of the Pistons biggest sponsors (from what I remember while listening to the games and when I used to watch them) is Rock Financial. I would hate for their to be a different sponsor every game or even based on home vs. away jerseys. But then again, I think that's exactly what's going to happen. And everyone knows what my OCD will do. I need one of the Bank of America logo, of the National Coney Island logo (I would love that so much, lol, and if you live or have lived in Michigan, you know what I'm talking about), etc. One of each one that was sponsored and put into a card. Though I did recently think about starting to buy jerseys, but they're too expensive (at least on the Pistons site). If I get one, I want it to be an actual patch, but Pistons.com has them going for $250 each. No way.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I am completely against this..it is going to luck very tacky IMO and I am not looking forward to a Bulls jersey with Target or something written across it..

I hope the other sports do not follow suit..can u imgaine a Yankess jersey with ads all over it...yuck...

I think of soccer jerseys were the ads name is more easily seen then the actual team name...

I think the NBA makes enough profits without having to resort to this...
[Image: arod.gif]

I am against it 100%

The only jersey alternatives I would like to see is the jerseys that teams use to support the military (i.e. San Diego Padre's Military unifirom, ect) or the jerseys that are currently used every now & then (i.e. Los Lakers, Los Suns, ect)

Keep corporate advertisements off the jerseys!!

Only advertisements should be the sports related companies that produce the uniforms, jersey's, sweatbands, ect.... (i.e. nike, adidas, rebock, ect)... & those types advertisements are small, not to interfere with the overall look of the sports uniform.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

...future NBA games will just be slow-motion NASCAR races.

(07-24-2012, 04:14 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: I am against it 100%

The only jersey alternatives I would like to see is the jerseys that teams use to support the military (i.e. San Diego Padre's Military unifirom, ect) or the jerseys that are currently used every now & then (i.e. Los Lakers, Los Suns, ect)

Keep corporate advertisements off the jerseys!!

Only advertisements should be the sports related companies that produce the uniforms, jersey's, sweatbands, ect.... (i.e. nike, adidas, rebock, ect)... & those types advertisements are small, not to interfere with the overall look of the sports uniform.
Kind of like the jerseys that were worn in the MSU vs. UNC game last year on the ship? Smile I want one of those jerseys.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(07-24-2012, 12:00 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I'm not fond of the idea, though I've understood why and what some of the sport media has been saying about it. I just hope they keep it consistent to a point. Meaning, one of the Pistons biggest sponsors (from what I remember while listening to the games and when I used to watch them) is Rock Financial. I would hate for their to be a different sponsor every game or even based on home vs. away jerseys. But then again, I think that's exactly what's going to happen. And everyone knows what my OCD will do. I need one of the Bank of America logo, of the National Coney Island logo (I would love that so much, lol, and if you live or have lived in Michigan, you know what I'm talking about), etc. One of each one that was sponsored and put into a card. Though I did recently think about starting to buy jerseys, but they're too expensive (at least on the Pistons site). If I get one, I want it to be an actual patch, but Pistons.com has them going for $250 each. No way.
Coney Island is the best hot dog ... ever! I used to go to Paka-Plaza in Jackson with my dad and eat them there. There was a Toys R Us in there too so it always made for a fun trip.