`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paterno statue taken down

RE: Paterno statue taken down
(07-22-2012, 01:25 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: Secondly, campus police are like mall cops. They are NOT like a real police department!!!
That's a blanket statement and while I don't know if PSU's PD is like that, not ALL campus PDs are like that. I know many campuses in LA have their own autonomous police departments with arrest powers and state police credentials.

Again I do not know how PSU PD operates but I'd guess if a small campus in LA can have a fully funded police department then Penn State possibly does as well.

Not mall cops in the least in a lot of cases.

Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

RE: Paterno statue taken down
(07-24-2012, 03:07 PM)y2hood Wrote: That's a blanket statement and while I don't know if PSU's PD is like that, not ALL campus PDs are like that. I know many campuses in LA have their own autonomous police departments with arrest powers and state police credentials.

Again I do not know how PSU PD operates but I'd guess if a small campus in LA can have a fully funded police department then Penn State possibly does as well.

Not mall cops in the least in a lot of cases.
I can speak for the LSU police department when I say they do take their job seriously.

Here's my take on it: You see a guy in a shower violating a young boy. If you haven't already beat the garbage to within an inch of his life you 1) go to your boss to report it, and 2) call the police. What was the excuse given? Trying to spare Penn State from embarassment? They caused the university much more shame and embarrassment by prolonging and hiding it. What did they think, it would never come out? They did a horrible job of handling it internally, if they even bothered. I think they just swept it under the rug and thought it would go away. The sad fact is, several children were scarred for life, a piece of garbage was allowed to continue to prey upon them, and a man who should have gone to his grave being a college football icon will instead be remembered as someone who protected a sexual predator. I don't mind the statue coming down. In all honesty, they should remove any and all references to anyone connected with this tragedy from campus. The thing that bothers me the most is the people who are currently at Penn State who had nothing to do with this and are trying to turn things around being punished by the NCAA penalties, because they are the only ones who will be hurt by this. Everyone involved with this is either gone, dead, in jail or is soon to be fired. The hope is that Penn State learns from this and a lesson will be learned: football is a game, and there will always be more important things than football, especially the welfare of children. No amount of money being brought in is worth covering up a crime.

[Image: 800px-Luwak.jpg]
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]