`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Sold Card on eBay

Problem with Sold Card on eBay
I recently sold a Rookie Auto Redemption card on eBay from the Past and Present set for about $30. I have a feedback rating of 100% on ebay, and the guy I sold it to is at like 99%. Anyway, it's 3 weeks later and he sent me a message saying that he bought the whole set that week and received most of the cards already, but not mine...and I didn't get tracking on it because frankly I've never run in to this problem. I'm sure it happens all of the time, but I have no idea how this should be handled. I personally don't feel like I should give a full refund because I know I shipped the card....but if he's telling the truth as well, he shouldn't have to pay for a card he didn't get.

Any suggestions?

And yes, I think I'll be getting tracking from here on out.

Thanks

RE: Problem with Sold Card on eBay
um, you either pay him his money AND his shipping, or paypal will do it for you

if you accept paypal, it is REQUIRED that you provide a dc number. and frankly, there is no excuse for not doing it

using paypal shipping, any package 3 ozs or less, with delivery confirmation, costs 1.64. going to the post office, a 3 oz or less package without dc costs ...i think it's 1.76

if you shipped it in a PWE...this is the chickens coming home to roost.

pay him, and from now on, use paypal shipping and always use DC. there is absolutely no reason not to use it

jarrrrrod, the exact same thing happened to me a few days ago.

After 11 years of trading on eBay (and other forums) without any problems, suddenly a buyer claimed he didn't receive his card.

I didn't send the card with tracking because I live in the UK and to do so would cost about $15. The card itself was worth $30.

I had no option but to refund him. It made me feel sick to the stomach, but I guess that's the risk of sending anything in the post.

Thankfully, this has happened just once in about 1,000 transactions. If the item was worth more, I'd have sent it with tracking, but it's just not worth it for a $30 item; if I paid for tracking every time then I'd be even more out of pocket than I am now!

(07-22-2012, 12:14 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: jarrrrrod, the exact same thing happened to me a few days ago.

After 11 years of trading on eBay (and other forums) without any problems, suddenly a buyer claimed he didn't receive his card.

I didn't send the card with tracking because I live in the UK and to do so would cost about $15. The card itself was worth $30.

I had no option but to refund him. It made me feel sick to the stomach, but I guess that's the risk of sending anything in the post.

Thankfully, this has happened just once in about 1,000 transactions. If the item was worth more, I'd have sent it with tracking, but it's just not worth it for a $30 item; if I paid for tracking every time then I'd be even more out of pocket than I am now!
Glad to hear I'm not the only one this has happened to! That's pretty much the exact same situation for me, except I was just shipping to Canada...probably should have paid the extra couple bucks.

"Glad to hear I'm not the only one this has happened to!"

Thanks...

I think.

I know someone that learned this lesson the hardest way when sending a M. Jordan auto #'d 1/10 that sold for over $500 to a buyer in Austrailia.

It is too expensive to get paypal seller protection when sending internationally. I don't usually do it unless it is a trusted forum member

There are enough buyers in the U.S. that claim they don't get cards when they actually do. I have met some of them. They look for new sellers and sellers that are known to ship without DC. I am sure there are some of these types abroad. If you send without DC it is all on you and you should be aware of this when selling online. Sorry for a lesson the hard way...

(07-22-2012, 12:14 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: jarrrrrod, the exact same thing happened to me a few days ago.

MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

I always send with tracking if the item is too valuable to run the risk of losing, so it's not a major concern of mine. Also, I tend to make 75% of my transactions with trusted forum members. That's definitely the best way to go.

(07-23-2012, 02:06 PM)jarrrrrod Wrote: Glad to hear I'm not the only one this has happened to! That's pretty much the exact same situation for me, except I was just shipping to Canada...probably should have paid the extra couple bucks.
If its Canada, it may take 4 or 5 weeks to get there. Maybe it got held up at customs. Just tell the guy to give it two more weeks.

(07-22-2012, 10:47 AM)jarrrrrod Wrote: And yes, I think I'll be getting tracking from here on out.
I learned this lesson as well, recently: Tracking is important.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(07-23-2012, 04:42 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: If its Canada, it may take 4 or 5 weeks to get there. Maybe it got held up at customs. Just tell the guy to give it two more weeks.
I completely agree with this statement right now. I've traded with a few members in Canada and they were a trusted member of this forum. One of our trades only took his a week and a half to get to me. But mine took 7 weeks to get to him. I couldn't believe it. And when I went to use PayPal shipping for his trade, it wanted like $26 for shipping to include a tracking number (I think it was registered or something) and it was for a $15 trade.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards