`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
2011 National Treasures 36 Card Rc booklet

RE: 2011 National Treasures 36 Card Rc booklet
yup..this guy make a bonehead decision...no matter how much the card is a bad idea, you dont alter it in anyway..this guy is not a smart collector

(07-18-2012, 08:57 PM)rwgreen Wrote: yup..this guy make a bonehead decision...no matter how much the card is a bad idea, you dont alter it in anyway..this guy is not a smart collector
Do you have a 36 card booklet? Didn't think so. His decision.

Mods just lock this thread already
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

Huh.....did I miss something ......lol
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

Putting myself in his shoes I could say. I have made an unobtainable card available for alot of single player collectors out there. As a short term business decision it is a lucrative idea. He will get more money from the cards individually "Professional cut" then as a whole booklet. All cards come on sheet to begin with anyways.........so really is it so bad.....SI for kids sheets people tear, box bottoms get cut, so not really surprised to see a booklet get cut. Either way unless you where going to cough up the dough for it then I think he is entitled to do what he want's with his money and his card. There will be alot more happy collectors with a piece of the booklet then 1 could ever be with the entire booklet.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(07-18-2012, 09:02 PM)brentboudreaux1 Wrote: Do you have a 36 card booklet? Didn't think so. His decision.

Mods just lock this thread already
Wooo. Why are you so testy about it?

I don't care what you do with your cards once you buy them. The buyer of this Panini monstrosity knew what he was buying - he didn't pull it and couldn't figure out what to do with it - it was a purchase to chop up and sell for a profit. He clearly didn't buy it, say "aw shucks - it didnt fit in my top loader".

My problem is this - the 3rd or 4th time one of those cards are sold - they are going to want to grade it, and it's going to come up altered and they are going to be pissed.

Not ever going to call him stupid or an idiot - that's juve. But - I've got a problem when "customs" go out into the market for sale.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(07-18-2012, 09:13 PM)warcraftin Wrote: Putting myself in his shoes I could say. I have made an unobtainable card available for alot of single player collectors out there. As a short term business decision it is a lucrative idea. He will get more money from the cards individually "Professional cut" then as a whole booklet. All cards come on sheet to begin with anyways.........so really is it so bad.....SI for kids sheets people tear, box bottoms get cut, so not really surprised to see a booklet get cut. Either way unless you where going to cough up the dough for it then I think he is entitled to do what he want's with his money and his card. There will be alot more happy collectors with a piece of the booklet then 1 could ever be with the entire booklet.
I understand this completely and agree with some of it. I actually like the idea of having a shot of getting a piece of that card. But I absolutely hate that something so special got destroyed. And quite honestly, I dont know why people would buy this though because it is a cut up booklet. We have had threads on booklets out of exquisite and other things that people cut in half and nobody bought them because they were a ruined card. So why in the world would people have a different view on this one? Its just crazy to me. Its amusing, irritating, and shocking all at the same time.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Trying my best not to insult the owner, but it is hard. I don't understand why buy the card and then turn around and cut it up. I have learned, when it comes to the auction site, list it and let it ride if you really want to get rid of it. I don't believe that he will get all his money back but he seems to be fine with it. As for me, I wouldn't mind buying one or two of the autos, just for the pc. Having a shop, I would have got that holder that Panini offers and hung it proudly in my shop. I don't like the idea of the cutting up of it at all, but it is a good thing for those who are interested in a peice of the action.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

(07-18-2012, 09:40 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Its just crazy to me. Its amusing, irritating, and shocking all at the same time.
That's exactly how I feel about getting outbid on that Absolute Retail Navorro Bowman (RC) today.

- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(07-18-2012, 07:47 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: Definitely won't make the money back... if he thinks he can get $80 for todman and bilal, I wish him good luck lol!
Average my friend
(07-18-2012, 08:57 PM)rwgreen Wrote: yup..this guy make a bonehead decision...no matter how much the card is a bad idea, you dont alter it in anyway..this guy is not a smart collector
Not a collector, I own a business

Greg

If I had the materials, I might have cut it up. The idea of a "card" that huge just seems ridiculous to me. What would you do with it? What if you sent it in to get graded? Where would put this huge slab? I though the whole thing was just a big gimmick honestly. I would've sold it or cut it. Most likely sell. Also...at what point is it still called a "card?" I have a hard time calling a regular book a "card"
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]