`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Town players?

RE: Home Town players?
Fred Besana is from the city I live in...he is my friend's grandpa, but I think he only had a handful of appearances. But Tedy Bruschi of the Patriots, Molly Ringwald from the Breakfast Club, and Summer Sanders, a gold medalist from the '92 Olympics, are all from Roseville, CA as well
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Being from a small hick town my hometown has produced several professional athletes. Ray king and jim hickman in baseball and brothers ramon and renardo foster in the nfl are all from my area. There were also some old timers from the 30's but cant remember their names off the top of my head. Also, i live very close to steve finleys home town. Oh yeah tina turner and alex haley grew up in my area also. Dang, i forgot about miles o'keefe (tarzan). Lot of talent from a small town in the sticks

[Image: w0C2GAE_zpsd1157c4a.png]

There are several from my hometown and from my county:

Baseball
Bob Allen (retired, Cleveland and Pittsburg)
Gary Jones (retired, Chicago Cubs)
Tyrell Jenkins (1st round pick in 2010 by Cardinals out of high school)

Football
Drew Coleman (Jacksonville Jaguars, been in the league for 6 years does not have a single card yet)
Dennis Duncan (retired, 1970s Houston Oilers)
Rickey Dudley (retired, several teams in late 1990s)

Close by (from within my county)
Adrian Burke (retired, 1950s Philly Eagles)
Denarius Moore (Oakland Raiders)
Larry Centers (retired, Arizona and Washington)
Bo Kelly (Arena League's all-time leading rusher, Arizona Rattlers)

Oh, and Dusty Baker lives adjacent to the high school I went to. Kinda cool how the manager of my favorite team lives so close but the team is so far away
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(07-16-2012, 05:24 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Fred Besana is from the city I live in...he is my friend's grandpa, but I think he only had a handful of appearances. But Tedy Bruschi of the Patriots, Molly Ringwald from the Breakfast Club, and Summer Sanders, a gold medalist from the '92 Olympics, are all from Roseville, CA as well
There's an interesting twist, actor/actresses from your home town. I don't know of any from my hometown.\

On a similar note, Woody Johnson(owner of the New York Jets) is a member of the Golf club i work out and i have caddied for him a few times. Mark Sanchez played the other day, and Mark Messier played a week ago.
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

A Few from the Denver, CO area...
Dennis Rasmussen
David Aardsma
Josh Bard
Brad Lidge
Kevin Kouzmanoff
Chase Headley
Luke Hochevar
Marc Melancon
Shawn Chacon
Daniel Schlereth
Scott Elarton
Goose Gossage
Roy Halladay
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

(07-17-2012, 11:34 AM)jtwellsnyy51188 Wrote: There's an interesting twist, actor/actresses from your home town.
How about a celebrity author? The owner of the radio station that I work for is Stephen King and he lives right down the road.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(07-17-2012, 02:28 PM)zeprock Wrote: How about a celebrity author? The owner of the radio station that I work for is Stephen King and he lives right down the road.
That's pretty cool. I heard that he's really mello and you would never guess he was an author of horror stories
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket