Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
Mr. Olds,

I recently purchased a 2011 Bowman (BP1) Bryce Harper NNOF. Have you heard much chatter in the community, or elsewhere, about the existence of such a card? Are there more of them out there? How does it get into the Beckett price guide? Does there need to be more than one for it to make the guide?? Obviously, it brings to mind the 1990 Frank Thomas Topps NNOF. Just curious how this Harper compares - or doesn't.

Appreciate your insight.

Sincerely,

Zelman

(06-02-2012, 05:00 AM)davidanthony2k Wrote: Will BGS grade a serial numbered hand signed card if I can provide clear video footage of the player signing the exact card with the serial number in clear view.
Would probably still need to be examined by JSA. Can't put a video in the card holder.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

(06-11-2012, 07:03 PM)chrisolds Wrote: Would probably still need to be examined by JSA. Can't put a video in the card holder.
oh, ok.

Who's autograph is this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-01-2012, 09:14 PM)mkemp21 Wrote: Who's autograph is this?
You'll need to put the pic in a photobucket account and link to it.
(06-09-2012, 02:44 AM)zelman7 Wrote: Mr. Olds,

I recently purchased a 2011 Bowman (BP1) Bryce Harper NNOF. Have you heard much chatter in the community, or elsewhere, about the existence of such a card? Are there more of them out there? How does it get into the Beckett price guide? Does there need to be more than one for it to make the guide?? Obviously, it brings to mind the 1990 Frank Thomas Topps NNOF. Just curious how this Harper compares - or doesn't.

Appreciate your insight.

Sincerely,

Zelman
There's no way of knowing how many cards missed the foil-stamping process. Could be far fewer than the Thomas. The Thomas is listed because it is somewhat plentiful and notable for an error of that type -- missing foil would not be cataloged as it could happen to any card.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

MY MARIS ROOKIE HAS THE 4 NUMBERS 9,7,4,6 WHICH AVERAGES 6.5 GRADE, BUT THE CARD IS GRADED OVERALL 4.5 GRADE ON THE LABEL? DID THEY MAKE A MISTAKE?

(07-03-2012, 07:45 PM)user_93adg Wrote: MY MARIS ROOKIE HAS THE 4 NUMBERS 9,7,4,6 WHICH AVERAGES 6.5 GRADE, BUT THE CARD IS GRADED OVERALL 4.5 GRADE ON THE LABEL? DID THEY MAKE A MISTAKE?
no. the numbers are not averaged. the card can only be as good as it's lowest grade, plus a half grade. in this case, you had a 4, and an overall 4.5

New to the site. I recently opened a 2012 Topps archives pack and inside was a 1972 Joe Morgan card. It has a gold stamp that says original. It certainly looks origional. I have been unable to find it listed anywhere. Any thoughts?

I have a 1993 Mattingly 'Then and Now' ...however the hologram is Mantle! Any thoughts on this? I cant find any info on error printing. Is this card valuable, just neat to have or what?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-08-2012, 03:37 PM)jkettles Wrote: I have a 1993 Mattingly 'Then and Now' ...however the hologram is Mantle! Any thoughts on this? I cant find any info on error printing. Is this card valuable, just neat to have or what?
it's not an error. mantle is supposed to be there