`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unexpected mailday! Shoutout to Melmcd!! Buckeye lovers look! Farve too!

RE: Unexpectant mailday! Shoutout to Melmcd!! Buckeye lovers look! Farve too!
Very nice!!!

(06-16-2012, 07:41 PM)bigtrip18 Wrote: I've wanted to pick up that Favre refractor, but by scans it doesn't look any different. Is there a noticeable difference?
The scan does it no justice. On the back it says refractor. And in the light its like a topps chrome refractor with the rainbow effect.
Eddie George Super Collector

very sick cards...but dave, look at your thread title...."farve"? cmon man Big Grin
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

RE: Unexpectant mailday! Shoutout to Melmcd!! Buckeye lovers look! Favre too!
(06-16-2012, 10:32 PM)brentboudreaux1 Wrote: very sick cards...but dave, look at your thread title...."farve"? cmon man Big Grin
Lol changed! Give me a break been drinking!

RE: Unexpectant mailday! Shoutout to Melmcd!! Buckeye lovers look! Favre too!
(06-17-2012, 12:22 AM)ZeroDave Wrote: Lol changed! Give me a break been drinking!
Haha, well then that is a valid reason.
Congrats
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

RE: Unexpected mailday! Shoutout to Melmcd!! Buckeye lovers look! Farve too!
You're welcome! Love helping out. We're still getting adjusted to our move to Phoenix and are crazy in house hunting mode right now. Its a nice break to go through some of these cards.

I've been working on my list of people who e-mailed me in the past few months w/ a few addresses. I'm keeping a list now so that when I do a case or box (or downsize) what I don't keep will going out to some of the good members here. The emphasis is on good....people working on their PC's, people supportive of other members here in comments and actions, members who aren't looking to turn a profit on a gift and diehard football collectors in general.

Gotten to know a lot of good people on the boards. You guys keep my collecting spirit up and keep me motivated to work on a few sets! Thanks to you all, as well!

Oh...

And happy Father's Day! I got into this hobby because of my 2 boys 6 yrs ago. They're now 16 and 17. They don't collect any more, but it still makes this hobby special to me!

That is what I love about this site! Over on the basketball boards I had a member send me a wicked Mitch Richmond patch (I PC him and didn't even have a patch yet!). He collects the Lopez brothers, and I saw a RC auto of Robin Lopez at a card show last weekend that I promptly traded for and am sending to him.

So many awesome traders paying it forward. Love it!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(06-17-2012, 09:07 AM)melcmd Wrote: You're welcome! Love helping out. We're still getting adjusted to our move to Phoenix and are crazy in house hunting mode right now. Its a nice break to go through some of these cards.

I've been working on my list of people who e-mailed me in the past few months w/ a few addresses. I'm keeping a list now so that when I do a case or box (or downsize) what I don't keep will going out to some of the good members here. The emphasis is on good....people working on their PC's, people supportive of other members here in comments and actions, members who aren't looking to turn a profit on a gift and diehard football collectors in general.

Gotten to know a lot of good people on the boards. You guys keep my collecting spirit up and keep me motivated to work on a few sets! Thanks to you all, as well!

Oh...

And happy Father's Day! I got into this hobby because of my 2 boys 6 yrs ago. They're now 16 and 17. They don't collect any more, but it still makes this hobby special to me!
Happy Father's day to you and all the other fathers on this board.
(06-17-2012, 10:20 AM)buckunteer Wrote: That is what I love about this site! Over on the basketball boards I had a member send me a wicked Mitch Richmond patch (I PC him and didn't even have a patch yet!). He collects the Lopez brothers, and I saw a RC auto of Robin Lopez at a card show last weekend that I promptly traded for and am sending to him.

So many awesome traders paying it forward. Love it!
That is awesome of you. I pick up stuff all the time, I know I can't use but know of someone else who collects it. So off it goes to that person.

(06-17-2012, 10:45 AM)ZeroDave Wrote: Happy Father's day to you and all the other fathers on this board.

That is awesome of you. I pick up stuff all the time, I know I can't use but know of someone else who collects it. So off it goes to that person.
Agreed! I especially enjoy doing it for people who have non-mainstream PCs. I've had several members over on the bball boards send a bunch of lower-end Mitch Richmonds I needed or gave me really good trades for nicer ones that had just sat in their collections unwanted for a long time. Whenever I can help out another PC like that I always try to do it!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]