`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not As Mad

Not As Mad
About two weeks ago I tried to win a Rookie Davis yellow printing from bay. My bid was out bidded. Naturally I was little sore that could have jumped started my collection. I founded out last night the person that won the plate was Rookie's dad so I guess I can't be to mad. On a side note he has all the 2012 Bowman plates expect one so if anyone sees it LMK so I can let him know.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

RE: Not As Mad
That's pretty awesome. Now I just want to help the guy out.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

Who names their kid Rookie?
[Image: IsX9y.png]

(06-16-2012, 11:14 AM)mobster Wrote: Who names their kid Rookie?
A dad who's name is Veteran?

(06-16-2012, 01:49 PM)mikecala98 Wrote: A dad who's name is Veteran?
+infinity. Ba-Zing!!!

Also how did you find out it was his dad? Just curious lol
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

(06-16-2012, 03:50 PM)HeyFitzy Wrote: +infinity. Ba-Zing!!!

Also how did you find out it was his dad? Just curious lol
One of guys I trade with on different site wrote me saying that Rookie dad came in his LCS lookin for the last printing plate he needed for 2012. He told his dad he knew I was going after his cards and I was planning on buying the yellow printing plate. He said he was the one that won that auction but at least now he knows it was an actual collector that bid up the plate and not the seller.

Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(06-16-2012, 05:13 PM)beginesj Wrote: One of guys I trade with on different site wrote me saying that Rookie dad came in his LCS lookin for the last printing plate he needed for 2012. He told his dad he knew I was going after his cards and I was planning on buying the yellow printing plate. He said he was the one that won that auction but at least now he knows it was an actual collector that bid up the plate and not the seller.
Oh wow cool story. I'd feel pretty good losing to his dad too then lol
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

(06-16-2012, 01:49 PM)mikecala98 Wrote: A dad who's name is Veteran?
That is hilarious!!!

beginesj - I wouldn't be able to be mad about that anymore either. What WOULD bother me is now knowing that you'd be competing against his dad for anything of Rookie's that is rare.

Well it's nice to know he'll be eligible for ROY every year!
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)